"Two big castles" Top 5 Page for this destination Narva by lotharlerch
Narva Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 146 photos
The most impressive in Narva, the third biggest city in Estonia are the both castles opposite each other at the Narva river showing that here was and again is a very important frontier. Today the frontier between Estonia with Hermanni linnus (Hermann's castle) and Russia with Jaanilinn (Ivangorod). There are only very few places in Europe with two huge castles standing opposite each other only separated by a relatively small river.
- Pros:Two impressive castles opposite each other
- Cons:environmental desaster (oil shale burning) nearby
- In a nutshell:Interesting - but not "Estonian"
This Lenin, still standing upright (but in the backyard of Hermanni linnus) is the last Lenin remaining in Estonia. It... more travel advice
Until the end of Soviet time Narva and the city of Ivangorod were more or less one city . For example they had one... more travel advice
lotharlerch's Related Pages
Narva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two big castles"
- "around narva:from vasknarva to lahemaa n.p."
- "Brave Narva"
- "Narva, the easternmost point of Estonia."
- "barcodex's new Narva page"
- "kylamees's new Narva Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Narva
- Hotels in Narva
- Transportation in Narva
- Nightlife in Narva
- Restaurants in Narva
- Shopping in Narva
- Warnings and Dangers in Narva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Narva
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Narva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narva
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fucking Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Samarkand Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tashkent Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lviv Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Feichten Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues