"The Birthplace of Stalin" Top 5 Page for this destination Gori by lotharlerch
Gori Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 81 photos
When I was in Georgia in Soviet time I passed also the tiny town of Gori, most famous as the place of birth of Josip Vyssaronovich Dzhugashvili, better known as Stalin. When I was there the Soviet Union was already "de-stalinized" for a long time, Stalin's body removed from the Lenin Mausoleum in Moscow and buried outside along the Kremlin walls. But at his birthplace he was still fully celebrated and this has not even changed after the collapse of Soviet Union as I am told by Georgian friends, all memorials are still intact there. It is not like at Hitler's birthplace in Braunau am Inn where not even the name of Hitler is written at any official place (see my Braunau am Inn page)
lotharlerch's Related Pages
Gori Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gori, more than Stalin’s birthplace?"
- "in the name of Stalin"
- "Gori the birth town of Stalin"
- "Gori intro"
- "The Birthplace of Stalin"
- "Gori...expect the expected."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gori
- Hotels in Gori
- Transportation in Gori
- Restaurants in Gori
- Warnings and Dangers in Gori
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gori
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Gori?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gori
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fucking Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Samarkand Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tashkent Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lviv Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Feichten Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues