"Grand Canyon du Verdon" Moustiers-Sainte-Marie by lotharlerch
Moustiers-Sainte-Marie Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 81 photos
Moustiers-Sainte-Marie looks very nice in its spectacular surroundings so it is no wonder that it attracts big crowds of tourists. We travelled around Easter through the Provence and almost everywhere except a few "hot spots" was it very quiet and relaxed, just prefect. But Moustiers-Sainte-Marie is together with Arles (Feria!), Les Baux and Les Saintes Maries de la Mer one of the most visited places in the area. Nevertheless one should not miss to visit at least the surroundings - the great Canyon du Verdon and the fine artificial lake at its Western end.
The Canyon - more than 700 meters deep - is a spectacular scenery nobody coming to Moustiers-Sainte-Marie should miss. Both at the Northern and Southern side of the canyon are great scenic roads.
- Pros:Great canyon and lake
- Cons:very crowded
- In a nutshell:among the most spectacular landscapes in France
No wonder that this area offers great opportunities for various sportive activities. If the river has eonough water it... more travel advice
Scenir roads ffollow te canyon on both sides. Most people do the "Corniche" which is ath the southern side. The normal... more travel advice
lotharlerch's Related Pages
Moustiers-Sainte-Marie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A famous Artisan Village of the South of France."
- "Beautiful Moustiers Ste Marie in the mountains"
- "Grand Canyon du Verdon"
- "As tourist traps go, this is a nice one"
- "Nice village up the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- Hotels in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- Transportation in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- Shopping in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Moustiers-Sainte-Marie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie
Photos in Moustiers-Sainte-MarieSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fucking Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Samarkand Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tashkent Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lviv Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Feichten Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues