"Very young and very green" Top 5 Page for this destination Bishkek by lotharlerch
Bishkek Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 374 photos
I was in the Kyrgyz capital for only less than 3 days on a business trip. The most impressive in Bishkek is the great scenic view when looking South. Only a few kilometers from the city are mountains up to more than 4800 m high (which is about the same as the Mont Blanc, the highest top in the Alps). Bishkek and the immediate surroundings north of it seem to be the only flat places in this scenic country. In Bishkek itself I missed a sorts "urban density", all streets are extremely wide with at least double alleys in most of them, so the whole city looks completely green.
Important notice - Acknowledgment:
Some of the pictures on this website were taken by my friends Peter Lieberzeit and Bruno Sperl who have been togehter with me in Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.
- Pros:Very green city with a relaxed atmosphere
- Cons:no real "City -Feeling"
- In a nutshell:A good start to explore a wonderful country
Even at the occasion of a very short stay in Bishkek you should not miss a trip to the nearby mountains, it is really... more travel advice
Bishkek looks a bit more Soviet than the other Central Asian Capitals Almaty and Tashkent. A clear indicator for it are... more travel advice
lotharlerch's Related Pages
Bishkek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE FIRST BISHKEK PAGE IN 4 YEARS"
- "Bishkek - Where is that?"
- "Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, my venture into Central Asia"
- "Very young and very green"
- "Yurt (Home Land )"
- "Bishkek - Home to Horse Meat and the Bitter Cold"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bishkek
- Hotels in Bishkek
- Transportation in Bishkek
- Nightlife in Bishkek
- Restaurants in Bishkek
- Shopping in Bishkek
- Warnings and Dangers in Bishkek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bishkek
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Bishkek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bishkek
- updated a Bishkek Travel Page "Very young and very green"
- Posted in Travel Albufeira Forum "Re: Places to go in the Hire Car?"
- Wrote a Review Visit of the nearby mountains in Bishkek Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ugly monuments - wonderful mountains"
- Commented on one of bishkekkat's Bishkek travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fucking Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Samarkand Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tashkent Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lviv Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Feichten Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues