"ISLAS PLAZA GALAPAGOS EQUADOR" Islas Plazas by DennyP
Islas Plazas Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 178 photos
PLAZA ISLAND. (PLAZA SUR)
This Island of all the islands that I visited within the Galapagos Archipeligo must be the driest and most barren of all. Named in honour of a former president of Equador General Leonidas Plaza. This small island is only 1.3 square kilometers in area (0.5 square miles) with a maximum altitude of 23 meters (75 ft). The main flora to be seen are large "Opuntia" cactii that are in abundance also there is what appears to be a red carpet over the lava formations and that is the Sesuvium plants and are extremely popular with the land Iguanas..(the yellow coloured) This I think is where they obtain their drinking water also. The Iguanas scurry about and do their best to keep out of the extreme sunshine and look for cool spots to protect themselves from the sun. By the cliffs there are many different bird species noticeable including the beautiful tropic birds..
- Pros:tHE IGUANAS AND SEABIRDS ARE HERE IN ABUNDANCE
- Cons:EXTREMELY HOT AND DRY
DennyP's Related Pages
Islas Plazas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Islas Plazas - Plaza Sur (South Plaza)"
- "The last of our Galápagos Island landings"
- "ISLAS PLAZA GALAPAGOS EQUADOR"
- "One of my favorite islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Islas Plazas
- Transportation in Islas Plazas
- Warnings and Dangers in Islas Plazas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Islas Plazas
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Islas Plazas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Islas Plazas
Photos in Islas PlazasSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos