"AVALON ONE OF SYDNEY'S NORTHERN BEACHES" Avalon by DennyP
Avalon Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 14 photos
Located on the "Peninsular" that runs from Manly to Palm Beach Avalon is located about halfway along the peninsular and the beach circuit.
Although only a short distance from the city CBD ( City Buisiness District) a pleasant thirty minute ferry ride from the city brings you to Manly. Now, Manly as long as I can remember has been written up as "7 miles from the city and a 1000 miles from care." Upon arrival in Manly it is immediately noticeable the change in lifestyle that the beach communities bring to the residents that live here ' The different style of life here on the northern peninsular is generated by the Beach Scene which initself creates a beach culture. You will immediately notice the many cars and wagons with surf-boards attatched to the roof also the amount of people carrying surf-boards in the crowds heading to the beaches, The complete dissasociation from "corporate Sydney" is here on the peninsulars beaches. This particular "laid back"style of life that is created by living near these northern beaches has always been the envy of many.
Avalon Beach is one of a dozen of these pristine and wonderful beaches that are found out along this peninsular that are just so popular with the surfing fraternity and the local communities . I know many of my friends visiting from overseas they quickly fall in love with the northern beaches of Sydney.
Avalon is mainly a beach for locals , and visitors usually stick to Manly and closer beaches unless they have a car available for transportation. Busses run from Manly Wharf to Palm Beach passing by all of the northern beaches although some are a fair distance off the main road. Busses also run to Palm Beach and Most Northern Beaches from the city.This is a good bus ride although a rather long one.
Avalon like all of the Northern beaches suburbs has a thriving community shopping centre that caters for all the locals needs. The buses stop here in this centre.
- Pros:ONE OF THE MANY PRISTINE NORTHERN BEACHES OF SYDNEY
- Cons:NOT LIVING HERE
AVALON Like everywhere we go now there are many Do's and Dont's Avalon Beach is no exception..When going to the beach... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Avalon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of the Insular Peninsula"
- "Avalon Beach, NSW - My first beach in Australia"
- "AVALON ONE OF SYDNEY'S NORTHERN BEACHES"
- "Quick Trip Up the Coast"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Avalon
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Avalon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Avalon
Photos in AvalonSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos