"BATCHELOR FAR NORTHERN TERRITORY" Batchelor by DennyP
Batchelor Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 53 photos
Located just over 100 kilomters from Darwin Batchelor is a small town on the fringe of the Litchfield National Park and to visit this wonderful National Park one can get what is needed in Batchelor town.Batchelor is the closest town for accomodation for visitors to Litchfield national park..Bachelor was the centre of contravesy when uranium was discovered here and mining began as this was the location for Australia's first Uranium mine in" Rum Jungle"This was a huge economic influence in the development of the north of the Territory early in the 1950's when it was first discovered..
The town of Batchelor was established at this time to service the mines needs.This town of Batchelor was also an important military base in WW II and was bombed by the Japanese on a few occasions..Little is left of this mining venture these days..
When visiting Litchfield National park and want overnight accomodation Bachelor is the closest town to the National Park that offers accomodation...supplies and petrol are available here also
- Pros:DEFINATELY WORTH THE VISIT ALONG WITH LITCHFIELD
- Cons:CAN GET REALLY HOT AND WET!!!
- In a nutshell:MAKE SURE YOUR VISIT IS AT THE RIGHT TIME ,,ITS GREAT
When travelling in the tropics and excessively hot area I ALWAYS carry these essential items.. not many but they are ALL... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Batchelor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Entrance to Litchfield National Park"
- "BATCHELOR FAR NORTHERN TERRITORY"
- "Litchfield National Park"
- "Batchelor was a WW2 Air Force base."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Batchelor
- Hotels in Batchelor
- Restaurants in Batchelor
- Warnings and Dangers in Batchelor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Batchelor
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Batchelor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Batchelor
Photos in BatchelorSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos