"BLUE MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK N.S.W." Blue Mountains National Park by DennyP
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide: 342 reviews and 1,063 photos
THE BLUE MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARKS West of Sydney is the Blue Mountains..an hours drive from the city will find you amongst some really lovely little mountain towns..with names like Blaxland, Lawson, Wentworth Falls, Leura, Katoomba, Blackheath, Medlow Bath.and Mount Victoria.( please see my pages and tips on some of these towns).This is a very large area made up of many small communities ..The mountains( known locally) have always been a very popular place with Sydneysiders and others to visit..in the summer it can be a welcomed releif from the city's summer heat...although sometimes these small communities suffer dearly from the ravages of large bushfires that race through the area and exhume everything in their path..when the conditions are extreme...all small communities here have there own Bush Fire Brigade units that are manned mostly by volunteers who give up huge amounts of their time in the summer...driving from town to town up here is a popular weekend pastime...The area is a well known area for artists and musicians etc..There are many galleries in these small towns that one can visit..
The Blue Mountains covers a huge area and I will endeavour to post some photos from many different places in the area.....There is no doubt that mother nature has been really kind to this part and has given us some great scenes to look upon ..with majestically huge sandstone mountain walls and rock formations ..with many waterfalls and cascades to enjoy and cool rainforrest to walk through and be enthralled with ..there are magical splashes of colour also when mother nature gets out her paintbrush in the spring and delivers so much colour in the form of Bushland wildflowers..one can't help but also appreciate the sounds of all the wild birds ..parrots and cockatoos that frequent this bushland living on all the nectar..adjoining This National Park are two others..Kanangra Boyd National park to the south where you can see the famous Jenolan caves...and Wollemi National Park to the north.(not listed) home to the pre historic Wollemi Pine trees...it really is a large area..I will try and do seperate pages on these National parks..
To spend time bush walking and hiking here is a very popular pastime with many people but make sure that you have good information before setting out...a lot of "day trippers " get lost here ..
So many different parrotts and cockatoos are found here in these National Parks..along with other native bush animals...it is so handy to have a pair of binoculars when walking here..
- Pros:lovely fresh cool mountain air
- Cons:take care when bush walking here.. DONT GET LOST
I always carry a small backpack that carries my everyday outdoor needs. This carries also my camera gear safe and out... more travel advice
BEWARE OF WILDLIFE PLEASE When driving in or through these National Parks always be aware of wildlife. The wildlife in... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Valleys"
- "Check out if they are BLUE"
- "The Lower Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains Adventure"
- "Blue Moutains / Katoomba / Three Sisters"
- "Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blue Mountains National Park
- Hotels in Blue Mountains National Park
- Transportation in Blue Mountains National Park
- Restaurants in Blue Mountains National Park
- Shopping in Blue Mountains National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Blue Mountains National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blue Mountains National Park
- 8 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Blue Mountains National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blue Mountains National Park
- Posted in Travel Darwin Forum "Re: Darwin in six days"
- Uploaded a Photo to "ALWAYS MAKE SURE ALL CAMP FIRES ARE OUT."
- Wrote a Review ALWAYS CARRY A STRONG INSECT REPELLANT in Blue Mountains National Park What to Pack
- updated a Blue Mountains National Park Travel Page "BLUE MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK N.S.W."
Photos in Blue Mountains National ParkSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos