"BONDI BEACH SYDNEY" Bondi by DennyP
Bondi Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 15 photos
Well it would have to be one of the best known and familiar names of any beach mentioned by foreign visitors when talking about the many lovely beaches in Sydney..Bondi has recently become even more popular with the TV series "Bondi Rescue",,it isn't any wonder that Bondi figures so much in our beach culture here in Sydney as after all ..this was the first beach to do a "reel rescue" from a heavy surf with the famous surf reel that was developed here also..they became so popular with the lifesavers that they became a inaugural part of every surf club all over Australia and featured prominently in their "march past" in the surf carnivals..That first person to be rescued happenned to be a young lad by the name of "Charles Kingsford Smith" who Later became the famous Australian Aviator Sir Charles Kingsford Smith ..Whos name is synonomous with our International Airport..I noticed that even when I was here recently just how many people were here enjoying this marvellous southern Sydney beach..
To walk along the beachside here and enjoy many of its fine restaurants cafes coffee shops is a must and also take in the old style of architecture that still survives despite the demolitions of the developers with little respect for the old..The southern end of the beach is home to the BONDI ICEBERGS...swimming pool...There are huge amounts of grassed lawned area by the beach for the many people to lay and play..or just sit and eat their lunch..
Local city busses stop here also does the "Blue Explorer"
So pleasant to walk along this seafront and take in all the different shops and eateries...such wide seafront walkways here..
- Pros:MOST SYDNEY VISITORS STOP BY HERE ..
- In a nutshell:A GREAT BEACH TO BE ENJOYED
BONDI BEACH Like everything these days there are so many dos and dont's wherever we are..Bondi beach is no exception.... more travel advice
Australia prides itself on its wonderful weather, beaches and surf, but they are not without their dangers. SO, When... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Bondi Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Bondi
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bondi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bondi
Photos in BondiSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos