"BOWRAL SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS NEW SOUTH WALES" Bowral by DennyP
Bowral Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 198 photos
. What a lovely part of New South Wales this is here in the southern highlands.Located 130 kilometers from Sydney ,Bowral has always been popular for its mild summer temperatures. Many of the early English aristocracy moved out here to avoid the oppressingly hot summers in the city...but ,for every up there's a down...Bowral gets extremely cold in the winter months. There is a locally known site where a huge rock overlooks the town and locals called it " GIB" after Gibralter so they say.The place gets it name from the aboriginal name of "bowrel" which they named after the rock.
The town is really attractive to many Sydney siders on the weekends.The town has some interesting attractions and is very popular with visitors. The town has a real "English" look about it with its little shops stately old houses and beautiful attended gardens. This surely must be a pretty place to live.
It goes without saying that a multitude of visitors come to Visit the "Bradman Cricket Oval" in the summer months and watch a game of cricket also to visit the Bradman Cricket Museum...This is a wonderful museum with loads of memorabilia for the cricket lover and enthusiast. I must say that my girls enjoyed visiting this museum and its place in Australian sporting history.Although having been born in the southern New South Wales town of Cootamundra Don Bradman grew up in Bowral and this is where he learnt to hit the ball. This is where he practiced with a single cricket stump and a golf ball.
- Pros:what a great experience to walk on the hallowed turf of the cricket pitch
DennyP's Related Pages
Bowral Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IN THE BEAUTIFUL SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS"
- "Bowral - if you can afford it"
- "Bowral - a great place to visit or live"
- "BOWRAL SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS NEW SOUTH WALES"
- "Bong Bong Picnic Races - 2004"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bowral
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bowral?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bowral
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (88)
Latest Bowral hotel reviews
- Milton Park Country House Hotel & Destination Spa
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013