"COLLAROY & LONG REEF.. NORTHERN BEACHES.." Collaroy by DennyP
Collaroy Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 12 photos
Located between the point at Long Reef and the Narrabeen beaches you will find Collaroy....infact Collaroy Beach joins South and North Narrabeen as one long beach..A really popular beach with locals for swimming and surfing..The beach has a small pool for infants and is popular with local mums..The Northern beaches are easily accessible and can be reached by bus from Manly wharf of from the city..Palm Beach bus..the main road (Pitwater Road ) passes right by the beach..Two world champion surfers grew up on this beach...Nat Young and Midget Farrely both are Collaroy surfers.
Long Reef Beach is located next beach around from Dee Why and the Lagoon.."The reef" has always been a popular spot to ride the "Bombora" a wave that seems to come from nowhere but is created by the reef.."The Bomby" as it is known locally was one for the surfers who wanted a challenge..A very popular surfing "hit "was made about this place in the 60's by a very succesful group at the time .. called The Atlantics..
The Beach itself at Long Reef is rather secluded and a nice quiet spot that is popular with local beach fishermen and also there are always quite a few small local fishing "Tinnies" tied up on the beach..The point itself is a large and popular golf course..Long Reef is easy to reach by local busses and is just a short walk from the main road (Pittwater Road).
This is a quiet and enjoyable place to have a swim...maybe fish if thats your joy ..certainly a great place to relax with not so many people about
- Pros:ANOTHER GREAT NORTHERN BEACH
- In a nutshell:GREAT PLACE TO RELAX..HAVE A SWIM AWAY FROM THE CROWDS
COLLAROY Australias beautiful beaches are well known world wide .The sunburnt country also prides itself on the... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Collaroy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COLLAROY & LONG REEF.. NORTHERN BEACHES.."
- "I´ve got friends with a view"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Collaroy
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Collaroy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Collaroy
Photos in CollaroySee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos