"COOGEE BEACH...SYDNEY.." Top 5 Page for this destination Coogee by DennyP
Coogee Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 123 photos
A short bus ride from the city centre brings you to this really nice seaside community ..and another of Sydneys great southern beaches..The beach has a wide grassed area for sitting and laying in the sun with lots of room for people to play and a lot of locals eat their lunch here...There is an abundance of shops ,cafes and restaurants by the beach .
I enjoyed a great Aussie pastime while I was here and I just got some fish and chips and sat on the grass and had a "watch the people time"..Also as on most beaches there are showers by the grassed areas so as you can shower after swimming..There is a real community feel about this beach and you can see by the little fishing boats ("tinnies") that are on the northern end of the beach..
The headland overlooking the beach has a memorial to the victims of the "Bali Bombings" many of the victims were from this area and a memorial service is held here every year on its anniversary..
There are wide paved walkways areas all along the beachside with room for many beach goers...This is an extremely busy beach in the summer period or just when the sun is shining.
A nice view of the beach can be had from the northern end of the beach on the grassy reserve.
- Pros:ONE OF SYDNEYS BEST SOUTHERN BEACHES.
- In a nutshell:A NICE PLACE TO BE WHEN ITS HOT IN SYDNEY..
COOGEE . These days there just seems to be so many do's and dont's...some good some bad.. This is a good one for... more travel advice
Sydney is known for its many pristine Beaches wheather on the south side or the north side these beaches are aussie... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Coogee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Village Suburb by the Sea"
- "Coogee is My Local"
- "Beachside Town"
- "COOGEE BEACH...SYDNEY.."
- "Coogee Beach"
- "Sydney Australia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coogee
- Hotels in Coogee
- Transportation in Coogee
- Nightlife in Coogee
- Restaurants in Coogee
- Warnings and Dangers in Coogee
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Coogee
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Coogee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coogee
Photos in CoogeeSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos