"DEVENPORT N.W.TASMANIA.." Devonport by DennyP
Devonport Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 66 photos
Devenport is usually the first part of Tasmania that visitors arriving by Ferry from Melbourne get to see..Unfortuneatley now the ferry from Sydney no longer does the trip..A really good drive on drive off ferry that has all forms of accomodation.I just took a sleep seat...Devenport sees "The Spirit of Tasmania"arrive and depart three times weekly..The ferry carries a huge amount of fresh produce for the mainland that is grown here..Many visitors use Devenport as a base to visit many of the local towns ..Cradle Mountain..Burnie ,Stanley (the nut) ,Penguin and beautiful Boat Harbour are easily day trips from here.These ferries are extremely busy in the summer time...
This is a good way to spend the afternoon at this Historical railway..(see my tip on this place)
DennyP's Related Pages
Devonport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DEVONPORT ON THE MERSEY RIVER"
- "Devonport - Melbourne"
- "DEVENPORT N.W.TASMANIA.."
- "COASTAL CITY GATEWAY TO MORE BEAUTY"
- "Where the boat comes in"
- "The Realm Beyond"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Devonport
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Devonport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Devonport
Photos in DevonportSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos