"EUCLA AND THE NULLABOUR PLAINS" Eucla by DennyP
Eucla Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 79 photos
For me Eucla was really just a place to fill with fuel and water and as it was late evening . This was a place for us to set up and stay for the night. Eucla really , when I was there was just The fuel stop ,Garage with its food and drink services and that was about it.I remember being woken by a huge noise in the midle of the night and it was the Indian Pacific train roaring through the desert nightime .
Many years ago this was the sight for the overland telegraph station so important for communications...over the years the sea of sand here has claimed the telegraph station that appears and dissappears acording to the wind..
The desert sunsets and nightime sky are really something to see.The nightime sky is especially so clear and the stars so many. When we live in a city it is amazing what we get used to NOT seeing..
This really is an amazing experience to drive across the Nullabour. as it just seems to go on forever.. but, I enjoyed the train so much more.
nullabour means no trees...nul (no)- arbour (trees)
- Pros:A GREAT PLACE TO SEE IF YOU ARE OUT OF FUEL AND/OR WATER..
NULLARBOR PLAINS Whenever travelling out on the Plains make sure that you always carry with you a reliable and strong... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Eucla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A FEW SIGHTS TO SEE AT EUCLA"
- "The Nullarbor"
- "EUCLA AND THE NULLABOUR PLAINS"
- "Big Whale"
- "Eucla, Western Australia."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eucla
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Eucla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eucla
Photos in EuclaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos