"GLENROWAN.. THE NED KELLY TOWN" Glenrowan by DennyP
Glenrowan Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
GLENROWAN..Just off the main highway 220 kilometers from Melbourne on the main Melbourne Sydney Highway is the town of Glenrowan made famous by The notorious outlaw and highwayman Ned Kelly ..as it was here that he made his last stand in a violent "shootout" at the Glenrowan Inn with the police and ended with the death of all the gang except Ned ..Ned Kelly was later tried and hanged for the murder previously of Constable Thomas Lonigan at Stringybark Creek..he was hanged on the 11th of November 1880 in Melbourne Gaol... an Australian folk law hero..his legend lives on and is just so apparent when walking around this town....it is all Ned Kelly...I really liked all the painted wooden figures at the Glenrowan Railway Station and around town of police ...
GLENROWAN...The big Ned Kelly in all his armour that he wore when taking on the Victorian police at the Glenrowan Inn..
ENJOY A COLD CASTLEMAINE BEER AT THE GLENROWAN INN..
DennyP's Related Pages
Glenrowan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the site of bushranger Ned Kelly's last stand"
- "HOME OF THE KELLY LEGEND"
- "GLENROWAN.. THE NED KELLY TOWN"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glenrowan
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Glenrowan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glenrowan
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos