"HEALESVILLE ANIMAL SANCTUARY" Healesville by DennyP
Healesville Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 106 photos
Healesville Sanctuary is open every day of the year and has been a sanctuary since the early 1930's.all of Australias most loved animals are here to be seen Koalas, Kangaroos,Wombats,Platypus,Dingoes,Emus,Tasmanian Devils,even rare and endangered species..ie:Helmeted Honeyeater and the Brush-Tailed wallaby..you can get up really close here and I found the keepers and volunteers that were working when we visited to be extremely helpful..its a really bushy setting that makes it so natural while walking through the park..it also is a lot cooler ..as it was very hot when we were there..There is a large Animal Recue and Rehabilitation Centre here which receives over 1000 animals injured or orphaned every year and there is a large Vetinarian Clinic with staff that looks after their every need and they are running programmes for long term protection and survival of threatened and endangered species...
Well worth seeing is the "Raptor" birds of prey exhibition where the birds fly free ..so good to see these large eagles up so close...There is also an insight into the local Wurundjeri aboriginal culture with one of their members " Murrundindi "giving every Saturday.. boomerang throwing exhibition..tribal dancing and didgeridoo playing...This is a very good wildlife park with over 200 species here and well worth the visit...our whole family loved it..
THIS IS A REALLY WONDERFUL SANCTUARY..
A VERY ENJOYABLE WAY TO SPEND THE DAY...
- Pros:A wonderful wildlife sanctuary..
- Cons:none come to mind..
- In a nutshell:any sanctuary is a good one if you are an injured animal...
DennyP's Related Pages
Healesville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Healesville in the Yarra Valley"
- "HEALESVILLE ANIMAL SANCTUARY"
- "Healesville : Base for Yarra Valley Wine Touring"
- "Animal Sanctuary"
- "Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary"
- "Healesville Camp Trip"
- "Healesville for begginers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Healesville
- Hotels in Healesville
- Transportation in Healesville
- Restaurants in Healesville
- Warnings and Dangers in Healesville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Healesville
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Healesville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Healesville
Photos in HealesvilleSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos