"LONGREACH....QUEENSLAND" Longreach by DennyP
Longreach Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 13 photos
Longreach is located nearly 1200 kilometrs North west of Brisbane. The city stands in the middle of the Pastoral region and you know this when you see all the station hands and cattlemen with there western hats and riding boots on.
This is very much a centre of buisiness and is a commercial and centre of administration in the area. A very popular place for holiday makers from all over Australia the city certainly has a lot to see and do...This is the home of Qantas airways and there is a marvellous Quantas museum located here along with a Boeing 747 aircraft on show for all to see.with many others . This is a great look into early Australian Aviation...my kids loved it.. here also is the "STOCKMANS HALL OF FAME"...another site that is worth a look with a fine history of the life here on the land of the early pioneers....it also does a wonderful breakfast....went back for seconds...so good...while here I visited the "SCHOOL OF THE AIR" and watched as children on the outback cattle and sheep station did their schooling...I think this is the only place that this happens due to immense areas that have to be covered..This is cattle country and it pays to be very careful driving up here..
The Stockmans Hall of Fame in Longreach is a place dedicated to the real pioneers of this part of the country...The man on the land...The stockman..cattle drovers and great horsemen..(aussie cowboy)..the man that lives a lot of his time on the land..This has a very interesting history of the aussie stockman and all the things that he used and needed to overcome the difficulties of his life in this harsh part of the country...many early horse drawn vehicles...much to see...
The amount of parrots and cockatoos here was a real surprise...but thinking about it !!! I dont know why we are really out west here.. I took a few photos of the many parrots in the city. They were just everywhere..
- Pros:A WONDERFUL OUTBACK CITY..
- Cons:GREAT TO SEE THE HATS AND BOOTS..
- In a nutshell:PLACS LIKE THIS KEEP AUSTRALIA WELL FED ON BEEF
DennyP's Related Pages
Longreach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Longreach - the centre of Western Queensland"
- "Longreach - Outback Queensland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Longreach
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Longreach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Longreach
Photos in LongreachSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos