"ST.KILDA..GREAT RESTAURANTS...GREAT SUBURB.." Saint Kilda by DennyP
Saint Kilda Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 71 photos
To wander around St Kilda is just the best place to spend an amicable Sunday afternoon , a walk on the waterfront along the pier watching the many locals fishing , or to just sit downin one of the numerous eating establishments located all around and order any type of food imagineable..You will find the most wonderful pastries , pies, cake shops and bakeries ..The aroma of freshly cooked pizzas.Freshly caught local fish and chips... Really, just about any type of food that you would like you will find here. take a seat with a coffee of your choice and just sit out on the sidewalks and watch all the people go by.
The Sunday market is a busy sight with all sorts of people and full of interesting things to see and do.. A perfect opportunity to buy that souvenir of Melbourne and have a bit of "retail therapy" so,buy..I really enjoyed it.
The beaches are clean and as the day was a warm and sunny one there were many people enjoying the golden sand, and just a great place to spend some time...Melbourne was voted "The Worlds most liveable city". Thats really something...and I must agree..especially it's food and restaurant scene.
ST.KILDA PIER .Their are some excellent seafood restaurants located on/ near the pier for some great seafood and also some feshly caught fish with a portion of chips but, if your in a hurry, just sit by the beach..
A walk along the pier with a nice panorama of the seaside , maybe to sit with a cup of tea in the replica of the old 19th century Tea Room here that unfortunately was destroyed by fire in 2003. maybe also to watch the many local people fishing.
What not long ago, was a suburb of run down buildings is now among Melbournes Hottest properties...Being Melbournes most popular and prestigous seaside suburbs St Kilda is noted today for its many wonderful eateries with thanks to the many early Polish and Russian immigrants that settled here they were then followed by Italian and Greek along with many other nationalities making this suburb a paintbox of cultures.Consequently the variation in food variety is amazing,giving it the immense popularity that it has today..
- Pros:A WONDERFUL PLACE TO SIT, WATCH AND EAT FINE FOOD
- Cons:HARD TO FIND A PARKING PLACE.....TAKE A TRAM
DennyP's Related Pages
Saint Kilda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Place On the Bay With Everything"
- "St. Kilda"
- "Melbourne - Saint Kilda"
- "Virtual Tourist Meeting Melbourne!"
- "Fun in St. Kilda!"
- "Stayed here for the Swans AFL Grand Final Truimph"
- "Funky town by the sea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Kilda
- Hotels in Saint Kilda
- Transportation in Saint Kilda
- Restaurants in Saint Kilda
- Shopping in Saint Kilda
- See All...
Explore the World
- Munxar Hotels
- El Puerto de Santa María
- Luxor Hotels
- San Juan Hotels
- Cedarbrook Hotels
- Lago di Garda
- Incline Village
- Pulau Sumbawa
- Two Harbors
- Neu Isenburg
- Lac d' Ifni
- Estado de Querétaro de Arteaga
- Cayucos Hotels
- Breaux Bridge
- Crinan Hotels
- Imouzzer des Ida Ou Tanane
Badges & Stats in Saint Kilda
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Saint Kilda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Kilda
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (88)
Latest Saint Kilda hotel reviews
- The Prince
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013