"YORK WESTERN AUSTRALIA" York by DennyP
York Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 201 photos
Located a couple of hours and about a hundred kilometers east of Perth in the Avon Valley.Found at its liveliest on weekend this is a popular visiting spot also noted for its various popular festivals...This lovely town with its bull nosed verandah roofs was a must stop on the way back to Perth for me after a long drive visiting the southern part of the state ,and also stopping to visit Hayden National Park to view the amazing "Wave Rock"..A really clean layback town and typical of west OZ..right on the Avon River and is a nice place to sit in the shade of the trees ,take in the local ambience and enjoy some sandwiches and a cold drink in the heat of the day.
Make sure that you look at the some great points of interest here like the The old Post Office..The amazing two storey Railway station the Town Hall..and the Motor Museum.with its fine collection of vintage cars ,horse drawn vehicles and motoring memorabilia.There are some truly lovely old colonial stone buildings to observe while walking around colourful York.
- Pros:SMALL,CLEAN, TYPICAL WEST OZ
DennyP's Related Pages
York Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's York - Western Australia"
- "York - a slice of history"
- "York - The Oldest Inland Town in WA"
- "A lovely little town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in York
- Hotels in York
- Transportation in York
- Restaurants in York
- Shopping in York
- See All...
Badges & Stats in York
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to York?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in York
Photos in YorkSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos