"HUANCAYO PERU" Huancayo by DennyP
Huancayo Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 41 photos
My main reason for visiting here were twofold...firstly ,I wanted catch the train from Lima to Huancayo as (at the time ) this was the highest train journey in the world..secondly was the quite famous and well known local market held there..known for its wonderful alpacca products ie: clothing and ponchos..
I certainly was to find out about the train journey with being badly affected by altitude sickness and found that a few times I did pass out on the train...as then all that was at hand to help was a medical officer with a bag that gave you a good hit of oxygen...far from the operations today..unlike the highest train today being found through the Himalays and that particular Chinese train has oxygen piped throughout the train..a journey that is definately on my list of train journeys to take..
- Pros:the highest I have ever been
- Cons:nothing like getting a breath of oxygen when needed..
DennyP's Related Pages
Huancayo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The start of our Andean adventures"
- "HUANCAYO PERU"
- "Mantaro Valley Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huancayo
- Hotels in Huancayo
- Restaurants in Huancayo
- Shopping in Huancayo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huancayo
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Huancayo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huancayo
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos