"ISLA ESPANOLA GALAPAGOS GROUP OF ISLANDS" Isla Española by DennyP
Isla Española Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 204 photos
Named Hood Island by the British, Espanola Island is reputed to be the oldest of all the Islands in the Galapagos Archipeligo at around four million years old. The boat journey here from Santa Cruz island was about 12 hours and as is with all these Islands this Island of Espanola has its own unique bird and wildlife. I was incredibly lucky with my timing as upon my visit to Espanola, the Seals had just recently given birth to their pups and they were everywhere. With their mothers laying in the sun on the white sand these little guys were just having fun.This surely made for some great photography and what a wonderfully relaxing pleasure it was to just sit and watch these little guys making all there"baby pup" sounds.
Espanola is one of the most, if not the most popular of all the Islands in the Archipeligo visited by tourists.There are many attractions here mainly Bahia Gardner with its lovely beach of white sand where the seals are located, and , Punta Suarez where the birdlife can be prolific. I have always loved birds and these Islands are an ornothologists dream...the photography is excellent here ..I got a wonderful photo of a tropic bird here at Punta Suarez. These birds are just a beautiful white with their bright red beaks and the longest majestic tail trailing way behind in the wind..
Once again I talk of the bird life, but reflecting back on my memory of this visit , I realise that what I got to see here was a really unique experience. To watch Blue footed booby birds so graceful and so dedicated to their chicks.The beautiful big yellow and white Giant Wave Albatross dancing about , and to hear them "chatter away" with their long yellow beaks as the male desperately tries to win over the female. The colours of the Blue Footed Booby birds . the amazing faces of the masked Boobies. The elegant Red Footed gulls, I feel that I was one of the lucky ones to see this. Also to be seen here are the marine (red) iguanas.
- Pros:ANOTHER AMAZING ISLAND AND WILDLIFE HERE IN THE GROUP
- Cons:NOT MORE TIME
DennyP's Related Pages
Isla Española Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Isla Española"
- "Home of the Waved Albatross"
- "ISLA ESPANOLA GALAPAGOS GROUP OF ISLANDS"
- "The Three aspects of Espanola"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Española
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Isla Española?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Española
Photos in Isla EspañolaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos