"FOZ DU IGUACU..ARGENTINA.." Cataratas del Iguazù by DennyP
Cataratas del Iguazù Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 43 photos
The sound of the Falls is easily heard long before your arrival. The volume of water crashing over the edge of the falls has to be seen to be beleived. Upon my arrival at the falls I was a welcomed by its extreme coolness and the temperature dropped noticeably and quickly from the heat of the day. It was like I had just opened the fridge door and was staning in its front.
The bus journey had been a very hot one and the coolness of the falls was a welcomed releif from the heat...the spray from the falling water is thick in the air and such a welcomed coolant..One can't be not taken by the thunder of the water cascading over the falls at so many points...to walk down among the different areas was just a real sense of awe...The tremendous volume of water travelling over the falls is really something, and not only that ,but the vast area that these falls cover.I stood under the falls in some places and it was as I mentioned a huge releif from the heat and just the thought of being here was something very awe inspiring.
I had wanted to visit these falls and see their magnificence for some time..and now I had...prior to taking this photograph I had spent many minutes watching a magnificent Toucan bird with its huge beak with such vibrant colours. just sitting in the tree and looking...amazing...
The soothing smell of the fresh water spray mingled with the fresh air from the local surrounding forrest is something to enjoy. Then there is the absolute roar of the huge volumes of water from the Parana River cascading over the Falls especially at its zenith at the place called the "Devils Throat". To just find a spot to sit and listen to the water and the birds in the trees was such relaxing bliss..
THIS HAS RECENTLY BEEN CALLED A NEW MODERN WONDER OF THE WORLD.
- Pros:ONE CAN ONLY BE AMAZED BY THEIR MAGNIFICENCE..
- Cons:WOULD HAVE LIKED TO STAY MUCH LONGER
- In a nutshell:MAKE SURE THAT YOU SEE IT BE BEFORE YOU DIE..
DennyP's Related Pages
Cataratas del Iguazù Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I did it all in a day!"
- "Amazing show!"
- "Iguazu Falls ...................."
- "FOZ DU IGUACU..ARGENTINA.."
- "Iguazú Falls"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cataratas del Iguazù
- Hotels in Cataratas del Iguazù
- Transportation in Cataratas del Iguazù
- Restaurants in Cataratas del Iguazù
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Servolo Hotels
- Lago Maggiore
- Provincia de Coclé
- Calauan Hotels
- Sagada Hotels
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- Aransas Pass Hotels
- Rovine di Tharros Hotels
- Reading Hotels
- Province of Misamis Oriental
- Bald Knob
- Province of Surigao del Sur
Badges & Stats in Cataratas del Iguazù
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Cataratas del Iguazù?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cataratas del Iguazù
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: need suggestion for one day..."
- updated a Cataratas del Iguazù Travel Page "FOZ DU IGUACU..ARGENTINA.."
- Wrote a Review ALWAYS CARRY A RELIABLE MOSQUITOE REPELLANT in Cataratas del Iguazù What to Pack
- Uploaded a Photo to "ALWAYS CARRY A RELIABLE MOSQUITOE REPELLANT"
Photos in Cataratas del IguazùSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos