"VUNG TAU VIETNAM" Vung Tau by DennyP
Vung Tau Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 258 photos
VUNG TAU This has always been a very poularresort town and a very easy place to visit to get away from the pressures of Saigon City.When I visitited on a weekday I beleive it is a very different place on the weekend when the city crowds pour in..Having not visited Vung Tau while on my last visit to HCMC ,,and will call it Saigon as the locals do..I decided to have a day trip over and look around to hopefully get some clean ocean air...The hydrofoil service that leaves from Saigon harbour is frequent and fast..does not cost much and really is a great break from all the bad air and noise of a million motorcycles..
I found Vung Tau to be really pleasant as I just walked around the parks ,which are many and also through the back streets where locals laid in their hammocks ..I guess having a siesta to avoid the midday heat, so interesting looking at the locals everyday life and found it to be really quiet and pleasant.. I must say it was very quiet and enjoyable to walk by the bay and watch the fisherman bringing in and unloading their days catch to be sold at the market
I found it easy talking with the fishermen unloading their catch and they were kind enough to let me take some photos..Their catch was many and the fish were very large.I noticed a lot of Ex Pats with bars and small buisinesses here that have stayed on or returned after the war..I stopped in one such Aussie bar for a really good burger and chips and they were advertising a weekly free barbeque....
I seemed to walk so far here just walking about in Vung Tau but all around the bay is pleasant not only the sea air but to look at the veriety of different fishing vessels that are used here..
- Pros:A GREAT DAY OUT OF SAIGON..FRESH SEA AIR..
- Cons:A VERY LONG WALK IN THE EXTREME SUMMER HEAT...
VUNG TAU ..Walking around the bay I found really relaxing . The walkway by the bay has stairways in different places... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Vung Tau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beach resort, work and R&R. . . . oops!"
- "A Quick Side Trip to Vung Tau"
- "Perfect Weekend Getaway"
- "Vung Tau"
- "VUNG TAU VIETNAM"
- "Vung Tau - An Amazing Resort Town To Visit"
- "escape the city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vung Tau
- Hotels in Vung Tau
- Transportation in Vung Tau
- Restaurants in Vung Tau
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vung Tau
- 3 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Vung Tau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vung Tau
Photos in Vung TauSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (88)
Latest Vung Tau hotel reviews
- Ho Tram Osaka Resort
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Imperial Hotel
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Long Hai Beach Resort
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 10, 2012
- Con Dao Seatravel Resort
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Palace Hotel
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Petro House Hotel
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013