"VUNG TAU VIETNAM" Vung Tau by DennyP

Vung Tau Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 258 photos

A SEA CHANGE FROM SAIGON

VUNG TAU This has always been a very poularresort town and a very easy place to visit to get away from the pressures of Saigon City.When I visitited on a weekday I beleive it is a very different place on the weekend when the city crowds pour in..Having not visited Vung Tau while on my last visit to HCMC ,,and will call it Saigon as the locals do..I decided to have a day trip over and look around to hopefully get some clean ocean air...The hydrofoil service that leaves from Saigon harbour is frequent and fast..does not cost much and really is a great break from all the bad air and noise of a million motorcycles..
I found Vung Tau to be really pleasant as I just walked around the parks ,which are many and also through the back streets where locals laid in their hammocks ..I guess having a siesta to avoid the midday heat, so interesting looking at the locals everyday life and found it to be really quiet and pleasant.. I must say it was very quiet and enjoyable to walk by the bay and watch the fisherman bringing in and unloading their days catch to be sold at the market

TALKING WITH FISHERMEN AND WOMEN VUNG TAU

I found it easy talking with the fishermen unloading their catch and they were kind enough to let me take some photos..Their catch was many and the fish were very large.I noticed a lot of Ex Pats with bars and small buisinesses here that have stayed on or returned after the war..I stopped in one such Aussie bar for a really good burger and chips and they were advertising a weekly free barbeque....

A PLEASANT WALK BY THE BAY

I seemed to walk so far here just walking about in Vung Tau but all around the bay is pleasant not only the sea air but to look at the veriety of different fishing vessels that are used here..

• Pros:A GREAT DAY OUT OF SAIGON..FRESH SEA AIR..
  • Cons:A VERY LONG WALK IN THE EXTREME SUMMER HEAT...
  • Last visit to Vung Tau: May 2010
  • Intro Updated Oct 15, 2011

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Nice page Denny.
    I am thinking about taking some family members from denmark there next year.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Back for a look at your updates. Vung Tau seems to be a very pleasant town. A world away from the way things must have been in the 60's - 70's.

DennyP

“by leaps and bounds the kangaroo gets to where he is going..”

Badges & Stats in Vung Tau

Have you been to Vung Tau?

Latest Activity in Vung Tau