"Kanchanaburi and the Tiger Temple" Kanchanaburi by DennyP
Kanchanaburi Travel Guide: 472 reviews and 1,365 photos
Further north from the River Kwai Bridge is the is the Wat Pa Luangta Bua Yannasampanno Forrest Monastery "The Tiger Temple" Administered by monks ..This is a large refuge, a conservation and breeding programme for Tigers of all breeds..ie: Bengal, South east Asian Sumatran and Siberian. This is an extremely interesting site that is run buy monks..This conservation programme is mostly funded by donations and entry fees into the area.There is an entry fee (donation) and one can sit with the tigers. a really different experience..
To be able to be so close and inter act with these huge animals for me was a little unnerving to say the least..I watched with intense curiosity as the monks handled these huge cats and their only weapon of defense was a bottle of water which they would throw on the animals if they became aggressive. I was really taken by the baby tiger cubs that were very young and very playful and active..".big pussy cats" This I found was a great experience and one that is very unusual to do.
- Pros:Great conservation of endangered species going on here..
- In a nutshell:This is really worth a visit..
kANCHANABURI When you are setting out for the day make sure that you have plenty of fresh cold bottled water with... more travel advice
KANCHANABURI My main reason for visiting Kancahanaburi was two fold. Firstly I wanted to see the Bridge , and walk... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Kanchanaburi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The River Kwai..."
- "The Bridge over River Kwai"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanchanaburi
- Hotels in Kanchanaburi
- Transportation in Kanchanaburi
- Nightlife in Kanchanaburi
- Restaurants in Kanchanaburi
- Shopping in Kanchanaburi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kanchanaburi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanchanaburi
- 6 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Kanchanaburi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanchanaburi
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: Second hand shop for clothes"
- Wrote a Review CARRY SUFFICIENT WATER FOR YOUR DAY in Kanchanaburi Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "CARRY SUFFICIENT WATER FOR YOUR DAY"
- updated a Kanchanaburi Travel Page "Kanchanaburi and the Tiger Temple"
- Commented on one of Mikebb's Kanchanaburi travel pages
Photos in KanchanaburiSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos