"ULUWATU SOUTHERN BALI" Uluwatu by DennyP
Uluwatu Travel Guide: 236 reviews and 641 photos
. having decided with a few friends while staying near Denpassar at Kuta beach we all decided to hire a taxi and go to Uluwatu. This was just a days adventure where the taxi would pick us up at out hotel, take us to Uluwatu, wait for us there then return us all to our Hotel..I must say the day turned out really well and total cost for each of us was negligable. about $10 each for the whole day.
Uluwatu was about an hours drive south of the capital and rather picturesque once out of city traffic. The day was very hot and while in the taxi was looking forward to our arrival. I was pre warned about the monkeys that are here and how they will run up and steal anything that they can quickly grab.ie: sunglasses, jewelry , thongs (the ones on your feet) also to be very aware of is they BITE and they have rabies...so be very aware of this factor.
After arriving we agreed with the taxi driver where we would meet and we walked off to the drink stand..This was the first issue of buisiness seeing it was really hot I opted for a cold cocoanut drink...The local stall holder got her machete and with a couple of well directed chops added a straw and it was mine...so good , so cool, a great drink that I have whenever I can when in the tropics.
Here we found to obtain entry there was a nother fee we had to hire a "sarong" as this was a temple and this was neccesary as our legs had to be covered . A simple hire fee and then there was the guide complete with a "shanghai" to hit the monkeys with if they ventured too close to us which they did a few times.With a few well directed shots they usually scampered off. The visitors here that did not hire a guide found themselves in dire situations with many items stolen by the monkeys and lost ...One was a gentlemans watch.
To view the Temple at Uluwatu was a short walk and then around by the cliffs to obtain some wonderful photos. The scenery was really pleasant.. Our trusty guide showed us bout the complex with his ever vigilant eyes on the monkeys. He was very knowledgeable about the area and let us know anything that we asked him.
- Pros:A VERY PEACEFUL PLACE AROUND THE CLIFFS
- Cons:THE MONKEYS ARE A PEST HERE
ULUWATU When visiting Uluwatu carry a strong Mosquito repellant with you..due to the tropical heat and humidity... more travel advice
ULUWATU .. Whenever going out for the day here in Bali or anywhere really, in Indonesia or South East Asia make sure... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Uluwatu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "There just something about Uluwatu!!"
- "Uluwatu - Cliffhanger Temple & Nasty Monkeys"
- "The southern part of Bali"
- "Uluwatu - Dreamland"
- "garden of the Gods in southern part ...."
- "Hanging Temple of Uluwatu"
- "Uluwatu - it's about Sunset"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uluwatu
- Hotels in Uluwatu
- Transportation in Uluwatu
- Nightlife in Uluwatu
- Restaurants in Uluwatu
- Shopping in Uluwatu
- Warnings and Dangers in Uluwatu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uluwatu
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Uluwatu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uluwatu
Photos in UluwatuSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos