Bali Favorite Tips by DennyP
Bali Favorites: 62 reviews and 106 photos
A BALINESE DANCE MASK
Favorite thing: Usually travellers visit certain places when they can...but there is definately a good time to go and BETTER time to go.
..Regarding visiting Bali there is the dry( High Season) and the wet( Low season) obviously they have advantages and disadvantages..I myself find I try to go when it's somewhat cooler than peak summer also I try and miss the wet season if possible..of course costs come into all travel arrangements..so try to strike that happy medium as I am just travelling...I don't jump out of aeroplanes etc..and I like to keep it simple..Try and avoid Christmas and school holiday crowds if possible
THE HIGH SEASON..in BALI is AUGUST SEPTEMBER OCTOBER and ,like everywhere High Season is peak season and everything that the tourist/traveller does is geared to maximum profit..Flights cost more to/from .The accommodation is as high as it is all the year,also making it sometimes difficult to book reservations!! and that goes for all activities that travellers participate in..ie: car hire,bike and cycle hire, all aquatic sports gear hire, restauarants,bars etc..also usually this is the hottest time of the year AND the weather is at its best ,thus allowing more time to enjoy all activities..of course all these are decisions that have to be made when visiting any destination...
The UPSIDE to the wet season is that everything costs less..accomodation, various tourist ventures, car hire,and usually all forms of tourists activities.
The DOWNSIDE to the wet season is being in a tropical area there is always the threat of malaria and Dengue fever delivered by mosquitos..Rains really heavily when it does rain which is most days...BUT the sun still shines..
I beleive the best time is around April May or early June. My recent visit to Bali was in early June and I found the accomodation inexpensive,all activities in place and reasonably priced, The crowds were minimal .temperatures were hot, but not peak hot and it never rained once..
Fondest memory: My memories of Bali are fond ones ...the colours of Bali are everywhere and to get good photographs here is just point and shoot there is always something wonderful to see ..The people here are extremely friendly and happy...there are no no's here like there are anywhere, but it is just a matter of being aware of what is going on around you...having said that I never felt threatened anywhere.. but always aware of my surroundings .I enjoyed my stay.
BE CAREFUL OF ALL MONEY CHANGERS....THEY ARE GOOD AT RIP OFFS
More Reviews (9)
DennyP's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Making the Choice"
- "BALI an EXCITING TOUR PLACES in INDONESIA"
- "Paradise Island with so much to see and do."
- "Sights, sounds and smells on sensuous Bali"
- "Arts, Nature, Harmony"
- "Bali - Paradise on earth and underwater"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 10 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Photos in BaliSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (90)
- Beaches- 24 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Monkey Forest- 9 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Day Trip- 15 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Temples- 20 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Tanah- 9 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Parks- 15 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Sunset- 12 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Massage- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Markets- 4 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Kintamani- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Bali Things to Do