"TEGALALANG CENTRAL BALI INDONESIA" Tegalalang by DennyP
Tegalalang Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 32 photos
After leaving the town of Ubud we headed north and it was not long before we came to the town of Tegalalang and its amazing terraced rice fields that appear to cascade down the mountainsides these rice fields are such a clever way to disperse and also save the water to produce more abbundant rice crops is unique ..not to mention the work that must be involved in creating them originally..The greeness of them all is easy on the eyes and wherever you point your camera you are sure to obtain a great photo ...This is a good place for a stop to really soak up the uniqueness of these terraces.
These Terraced Rice Gardens are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
These particular Terraced Rice fields are not unique to this particular town they can be found in other parts of Bali close by also. as I sat and had a cup of magnificent bali coffee I thought how clever this concept of agriculture was as I watched the water flowing from the higher terrace to the lower terrace...
- Pros:A REALLY INTERESTING SITE TO SEE
- Cons:REALLY CONGESTED ROADS HERE
- In a nutshell:REALLY INGENIOUS AGRICULTURAL PRACTICE
TEGALLALANG Along with two other friends I hired a car and driver for the day to travel to Lovina. Lovina is a lovely... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Tegalalang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TEGALALANG CENTRAL BALI INDONESIA"
- "TEGALALANG BALI"
- "Tegalalang Rice Fields"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tegalalang
- Transportation in Tegalalang
- Warnings and Dangers in Tegalalang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tegalalang
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Tegalalang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tegalalang
Photos in TegalalangSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos