"BERLIN GERMANY" Berlin by DennyP

Berlin Travel Guide: 6,964 reviews and 15,622 photos

BERLIN ..GERMANY'S FUN CITY

BERLIN I was so glad to reach Berlin...I arrived by train from Prague and was another stop on my around the world by train journey...I was lucky to meet a wonderful VT friend here and was so fortuneate to get shown so much of Berlin from a locals point of view..to be able to see more than just the tourist "veneer" but the everyday Berlin that is there..
To arrive at the new Hauptbahnhof (main Railway station) here is to be really impressed..such a wonderful new glass building with so many levels of trains coming and going on this vast network of railways.with its vast array of shops and eateries...of course the first thing on the agenda was a "bratwurst (sausage) with potato salad and a german beer...wonderful.
Having lived and worked in both Munich and Stuttgart ,I found it so pleasant to be back in Germany once again. I found Berlin to be a very vibrant city with lots of cultural entertainment ,whichever was your to your liking.. certainly no shortage of musical entertainment anywhere here with concerts and different genres of music everywhere you looked ,and a must stop for me was the "Hardrock Cafe" ( the museum of music) a place that I always visit in every city that I can..
One other interest that I have always had is in Military History and Berlin is certainly a place with an abundance of it to be seen and just so many different sites with historical military significance....just to walk around this amazing city is to see so many historical sites and so many associated with the second world war..

THE MAGNIFICENT BRANDENBURG GATE

To walk through this gate and to stroll down "UnterDenLinden" was for me really something and once again the significance of this place with the second world war was overwhelming ..There is so much vibrance here with the outdoor restaurants and eateries and wonderful shops and open areas with people enjoying so many different activities..so many places to enjoy food and drinks....I found it to be an interesting and very acessible walk from the Main Railway station to reach a lot of the main sites ..ie:Brandenburg Gate,Riechstag,Unterdenlinden, The Holocaust Memorial, the site of Hitlers Bunker, Checkpoint Charlie, and just so many to mention..

THE MAIN BERLIN OLYMPIC STADIUM FROM 1936

I visited this stadium with my friend and was really taken by the greatness of this Olympic Stadium seeing it was constructed in 1936 and is todays main Stadium for Berliners to enjoy their "footy".. This once again had such significance militarily..

• Pros:THIS IS A WONDERFUL CITY TO VISIT AND ENJOY..
  • Cons:NONE THAT I FOUND
  • Last visit to Berlin: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Oct 27, 2010

DennyP

“by leaps and bounds the kangaroo gets to where he is going..”

Badges & Stats in Berlin