"YOGYAKARTA JAVA CENTRAL INDONESIA" Yogyakarta by DennyP
Yogyakarta Travel Guide: 779 reviews and 2,082 photos
After a rather scenic seven hour train journey from Surabaya I arrive in the rather bustling city of Yogyakarta or "Yogya" as the locals call it.and quickly find inexpensive clean and comfortable accommodation....my main reason for being here is to visit the two huge Temples of Borobodur (an hour or so north)and also Prambanan which is rather close by the city, both of these Temples are in the "Top Ten Temples of the World" both being "UNESCO" World Heritage Sites and both suffered damage from the large 2006 earthquake which really extensively damaged Prambanan most of all..but both of these magnificent Temples are a must to visit....This is a city full of culture ,also if you like markets ..this is a great place for some "shopping therapy"...
I find accomodation conveniently close to the station and from here I am able to easily find my way into the centre of town easily..There is an information centre located at the exit to the railway station and are extremely helpful with directions to a budget priced place to stay
I arrive from Surabaya and am laying on my comfortable double bed resting within thirty minutes....I love trains..
- Pros:SOME WONDERFUL SITES TO VISIT HERE..
- Cons:YOU MUST LIKE THE HEAT HERE AS... IT'S REALLY HOT
- In a nutshell:THE LOCALS ARE EXTREMELY COURTEOUS TO VISITORS..
YOGYAKARTA An interesting form of local transport here in Yogya is the "Becak. This is the local form of Pedalled... more travel advice
BOROBODUR When in Yogyakarta a visit to the huge Buddhist Temple of Borobodur is a must see. This rates along with... more travel advice
DennyP's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Royal Capital of Indonesia"
- "The cultural authentic heart of Java!"
- "Wonderful people, beautiful city"
- "::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::"
- "A Weekend in Jogja"
- "IMPREXXION: YOGYAKARTA-BOROBUDOR-PRAMBANAN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta
- Hotels in Yogyakarta
- Transportation in Yogyakarta
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta
- Shopping in Yogyakarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta
- 4 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Yogyakarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta
- updated a Yogyakarta Travel Page "YOGYAKARTA JAVA CENTRAL INDONESIA"
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "Re: Second hand shop for clothes"
- Wrote a Review HIRE A BECAK !! LOCAL TRANSPORT in Yogyakarta Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "HIRE A BECAK !! LOCAL TRANSPORT"
- Commented on one of kokoryko's Yogyakarta travel pages
Photos in YogyakartaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 46 reviews, 212 photos
- Australia Intro, 23 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manly Intro, 17 reviews, 82 photos
- Darwin Intro, 18 reviews, 77 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 16 reviews, 76 photos
- Asia Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bagan Intro, 17 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parramatta Intro, 15 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos
- Beijing Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos