"BEAUTIFUL VOLENDAM" Top 5 Page for this destination Volendam by hevbell

Volendam Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 262 photos

A few years ago me and my mum went on a mini-cruise to Amsterdam. There were a few excursions you could go on with the tour but the only one we decided we wanted to do was to the town of Volendam and I'm so glad we did!! It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a quiet afternoon in a beautiful setting!

We were really lucky and got to enjoy a beautifully sunny October day in Volendam! Its the old part of the town, around the harbour, that attracts tourist as its so pictureesque

• Last visit to Volendam: Oct 1999
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2004

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Hey Heather, I also loved Volendam each and every time I was there .... :) Nice work of yours for Volendam page, helpful tips and great photos ...

• Buckz's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2005 at 9:05 AM

Great pictures as usual.

• vyxxyn's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2005 at 8:04 PM

Very sharp images, well taken. You must be a pro!

• stevezero's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2005 at 3:26 PM

Shame you didn't try the "paling" - smoked eel. It's a local delicacy

• deeper_blue's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2004 at 2:31 PM

Nice photos and tips on Volendam, there are some beautiful canals around there

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2004 at 12:36 PM

Nice page!

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2004 at 8:19 AM

On my 1st trip to A'dam, I took an excursion to Volendam & Markam. It was Feb so nice and un-crowded. The houses had Character, I loved the bold primary colors! No folks in costume but I did catch a pair of muddied wooden shoes in someone's garden. ;-)

• Maillekeul's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2004 at 5:14 AM

Really nice pics !!!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2004 at 7:15 PM

Great photos and I love that you just wandered and saw the town. Now I must see Volendam.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2004 at 2:08 PM

Great page and fantastic photos!! I loved Volendam!!! Did you see the big clogs out the front of some shops?! Hehe...

hevbell

“Smile- its the curved line that sets things straight”

Badges & Stats in Volendam

Have you been to Volendam?

Latest Activity in Volendam