"SCOTLAND IN MINIATURE" Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Arran by hevbell

Isle of Arran Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 378 photos

In June 2010 I finally made to the Isle of Arran for the first time and loved it! I can't wait to go back some time. I have lived in Ayrshire for most of my life and have said for MANY years "this is the year I'll go to Arran" without it ever happening. This time however it was my parents who had plans to go but when their original travel companions dropped out, I jumped at the chance to accompany them and finally get up and close to the island I have viewed from a distance for so many years

The island lies off the Ayrshire coast in the south west of Scotland and is reached by ferry from Ardrossan or the Mull of Kintyre. The island is just 19 miles long by 10 miles across and covers 165 square miles. Its often referred to as "Scotland in Miniature" as its mimics the geography of Scotland as a whole - stunning mountain ranges to the north, low lying in the centre and rising again to the south.

• Pros:really beautiful island
  • Cons:midgies :/
  • In a nutshell:scotland in miniature is a good description
  • Last visit to Isle of Arran: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2011

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Hello Heather, I am planning a trip to various places in Scotland this summer for some rock gigs and, as always, your pages on your homeland are excellent. Thank you, fergy.

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2010 at 2:23 AM

Great page. I think we must go to Arran in the motorhome. That Robert the Bruce certainly put himself about, so many references to him in Scotland!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2010 at 8:54 AM

that looks really nice. i would love to go hiking there.

hevbell

“Smile- its the curved line that sets things straight”

Badges & Stats in Isle of Arran

Have you been to Isle of Arran?

Latest Activity in Isle of Arran