"SCOTLAND IN MINIATURE" Top 5 Page for this destination Isle of Arran by hevbell
Isle of Arran Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 417 photos
In June 2010 I finally made to the Isle of Arran for the first time and loved it! I can't wait to go back some time. I have lived in Ayrshire for most of my life and have said for MANY years "this is the year I'll go to Arran" without it ever happening. This time however it was my parents who had plans to go but when their original travel companions dropped out, I jumped at the chance to accompany them and finally get up and close to the island I have viewed from a distance for so many years
The island lies off the Ayrshire coast in the south west of Scotland and is reached by ferry from Ardrossan or the Mull of Kintyre. The island is just 19 miles long by 10 miles across and covers 165 square miles. Its often referred to as "Scotland in Miniature" as its mimics the geography of Scotland as a whole - stunning mountain ranges to the north, low lying in the centre and rising again to the south.
- Pros:really beautiful island
- Cons:midgies :/
- In a nutshell:scotland in miniature is a good description
A popular reason for visiting Arran is to for hill walking and mountain climbing. The most popular peak is Goatfell, at... more travel advice
hevbell's Related Pages
Isle of Arran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ARRAN SCOTTISH MICROCOSM?"
- "SCOTLAND IN MINIATURE"
- "A magical place"
- "Map of Arran"
- "Isle of Arran"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isle of Arran
- Hotels in Isle of Arran
- Transportation in Isle of Arran
- Restaurants in Isle of Arran
- Shopping in Isle of Arran
- Warnings and Dangers in Isle of Arran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isle of Arran
- 25 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Isle of Arran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isle of Arran
Photos in Isle of ArranSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 57 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr Intro, 74 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow Intro, 51 reviews, 139 photos, 8 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 58 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 103 photos
- Scotland Intro, 60 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 46 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maidens Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 42 reviews, 68 photos