"DORNOCH" Dornoch by hevbell

Dornoch Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 110 photos

In September 2001 I spent a week driving around the north of Scotland and stopped for three days at Carbisdale Castle, just a few miles outside the town of Dornoch. It was my first time in the Highlands but was also interesting to me as some of my mums family had originated from the area round about.

• Last visit to Dornoch: Sep 2001
  • Intro Updated Apr 22, 2007

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Enjoyed reading about this area. We visited the Falls of Shin in August last year but unfortunately didn't see any salmon jumping.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 7:57 AM

Very nice page and photos -- hoping to pass through this area later this year -- thanks for the information.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 6:59 AM

Nice page. I used to live across from Dornoch and it was a good day out to go to the beach. Now with the Dornoch Bridge it means a short trip and I know some people even go across the Firth to Dornoch just to buy their meat. Love the area.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2005 at 12:58 PM

Ohhhhh myyyyyyy goooooooodddddddddddd! Hahaha, you really did live like a Dutchess! Cool! What a wonderful place. And you know that I love castles, so this sounds like a great place to me! :-))

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2004 at 6:45 AM

interesting page - will have to try and get there.

• GypsyBessie's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2004 at 9:34 AM

Enjoyed looking at this page. Just booked a holiday to Dornoch - not until next February! Good pictures and info.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2004 at 1:55 PM

an interesting area & great pics ! I remember Dunrobin castle, but unfortunately I just saw it from outside !

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2003 at 9:34 AM

definitly scotland fan! LOVELY:))) so i'm off to see your pgs from scotland and hopin' i could get there one day...!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 9:34 PM

It sure sounds like you found a lot more than groceries:-) Wow what a great place to stay and such a bargain! Some lovely outlying areas as well. Love hearing a pipe band.

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2003 at 4:19 PM

Wonderful page! I'd like to go there one day...

hevbell

“Smile- its the curved line that sets things straight”

Badges & Stats in Dornoch

Have you been to Dornoch?

Latest Activity in Dornoch