"GLASGOW" Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow by hevbell

Glasgow Travel Guide: 1,276 reviews and 2,205 photos

I only live about 50 miles from Glasgow but until a few years ago I had really only gone there for shopping and basically just knew the main shopping streets! BUT I decided that I would get to know the city a bit better. Hence I've since made more of an effort to explore the city and experience more of the sights it has to offer - definitely has been well worth making that effort!

I always used to consider Glasgow to be a very industrial sprawling city - all motorways, skyscraper hotels and big cranes with some very good shopping areas. It does have all those things but if you take the time to explore there is a lot more to the city. It might not be as instantly obvious as it is in Edinburgh, but it has plenty to offer just the same and some of the friendliest people you could meet!

There are still lots of places in Glasgow that I haven't had a chance to go to yet and I'm sure I will rectify that in time! As a result this page gets updated from time to time as I discover new places.

And Glasgow became the location of my first ever VT meeting! It was a long time coming but a fun day and hopefully it won't be the last one for me. Many thanks to TavellingSpirit for organising a great meeting :)

More pictures in the travelogue and a few more tips and pictures of the city itself

• Pros:Friendly people, free museums and fantastic shopping
  • Cons:the weather & city centre one way systems!
  • Last visit to Glasgow: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 25, 2009

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Hello, Heather! Thank you for your nice page!

• lillibets's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2008 at 9:22 AM

i am hear at the moment and i see lockers, really pointing out that you should update this abit ,even to adding the website.Poor old Glasgow gets a rough time of it besides Edinburgh and i just feel you could have been a little kinder.What do you think

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Thanks for the great tips and photos of Glasgow! Would like to visit there someday. Best from New Jersey, Bill

• benazer's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2008 at 5:00 AM

HEATHERRRRRR....... How is it goin girl ?

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2007 at 9:00 AM

HMM..I'd been thinking about setting up an Edinburgh VT meet; waht do you think? Worth it?

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2007 at 3:43 AM

Kelvingrove really looks very nice. Brilliant page ;-)

• poons's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2006 at 1:47 AM

Hi Heather.... haha you got them doing the Highland Fling! :o) Great to meet you recently in Glasgow.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2006 at 2:10 PM

Wow.. such a lovely Glasgow page. My godmom hails fr Scotland n has moved back to live in Dundee. I think Scots r one of the nicest ppl I've had the pleasure of knowing.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2006 at 8:32 AM

Hi Heather, great to see the pics of the meet. Nice memories :-))

• TravellingSpirit's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2006 at 6:49 AM

It was lovely to meet you and hopefully we'll see you again. You only live down the road from me!

hevbell Visits Here Frequently!

hevbell

“Smile- its the curved line that sets things straight”

Badges & Stats in Glasgow

Have you been to Glasgow?

Latest Activity in Glasgow