"LOCH KATRINE & the TROSSACHS" Loch Katrine by hevbell

Loch Katrine Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 33 photos

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon in June 2005 and I'd been in Glasgow doing some shopping but wondered where I could spend the rest of the afternoon. Somehow I picked on going to Loch Katrine as I'd never been in that area before and it didn't look TOO far away on the map.

It may have turned out to have been a bit further than I expected but the scenery was stunning and I wasn't disappointed at all! Loch Katrine is situated in the Trossachs National Park and the drive there is through some spectacular scenery

It would seem that a second visit to the area was in order this year [2007] when I woke up on a sunny Saturday morning in April and decided on an impulsive day trip. The Trossachs turned out to be the destination and I set off. This time I headed for some of the other lochs in the area and followed the Three Lochs Trail, after a stop in Aberfoyle.

• Pros:Absolutely stunning scenery
  • Cons:midges :(
  • In a nutshell:Another corner of Scotland not to be missed
  • Last visit to Loch Katrine: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 22, 2007

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2006 at 3:02 AM

Nice area. Oh, those midges get everywhere..... I use Avon skin sosoft to combat midges and haven't decided whether it works yet!

• CandS's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2005 at 12:36 AM

Great page Heather! :) I am pretty sure we went there when we were in Scotland too... PS What is a midge?

• zizkov's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2005 at 5:21 PM

Hire that bike! Though it's definitely not flat round the loch.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2005 at 5:50 AM

Thanks so much for sharing, I think I've talked myself into taking the cruise on Loch Katrine.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 1:13 PM

Wonderful page Heather! The midges sure sound like the downside of this place, but repellent probably would help lots. But the scenery: stunning as you said! The lochs, the waterfall, it looks gorgeous!

hevbell

“Smile- its the curved line that sets things straight”

Badges & Stats in Loch Katrine

Have you been to Loch Katrine?

Latest Activity in Loch Katrine