"ST ANDREWS & FIFE" Saint Andrews by hevbell
Saint Andrews Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 333 photos
$s4 Not everything on this page is in St Andrews but we were based there on a trip in 1993 so its all fairly close by.
The photo above is of the world famous Old Course at St Andrews, the home of golf. Golf was pioneered here on the sandy links, with earliest records dating from 1457, so its now a bit of a shrine for golfers.
We were staying only a few miles from this lovely town. Although it is a bit golf obsessed there, its also home to Scotlands oldest University (now attended by Prince William) and the ruins of the 12th century cathedral, St Andrews at one time having been the ecclesiastical capital of Scotland. Its a good place to base yourself in order to explore the area.
- Pros:Great if you like golf!! & lots to see round about
A National Trust property near Pittenweem. Its got gorgeous gardens and you can go inside the castle too. My favourite... more travel advice
We took a walk here through Tentsmuir forest which borders the beach and along the sands themselves. The deserted beach... more travel advice
hevbell's Related Pages
Saint Andrews Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St Andrews and the Kingdom of Fife"
- "St. Andrews, Where Golf Began"
- "Kingdom of FIFE"
- "Oldest Scottish University City"
- "Saint Andrews"
- "St Andrews, Scotland"
- "A Visit to St Andrews"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Andrews
- Hotels in Saint Andrews
- Transportation in Saint Andrews
- Restaurants in Saint Andrews
- Shopping in Saint Andrews
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Andrews
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Saint Andrews?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Andrews
Photos in Saint AndrewsSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 57 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr Intro, 75 reviews, 122 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 58 reviews, 108 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow Intro, 46 reviews, 116 photos, 6 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 60 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maidens Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 43 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 42 reviews, 68 photos