"HISTORIC STIRLING" Top 5 Page for this destination Stirling by hevbell
Stirling Travel Guide: 258 reviews and 798 photos
I had been to Stirling a few times when I was younger but have spent more time exploring on 2 long weekends there, the most recent in September 2010
Although its really just a town it was awarded city status in 2002 for the Queens Golden Jubilee due to its importance in Scottish history. To many people Stirling is the place where "Braveheart" was filmed. It actually wasn't but it WAS the place where William Wallace defeated the English at the Battle of Stirling Bridge and is also surrounded by numerous other battefields - all overlooked by a magnificent castle, one of the most important in Scotland.
I have to say that I really love enjoyed my time there and feel I got to know the city a lot better than on my previous visits!
- Pros:Lots of history, gateway to the highlands, lovely views
- Cons:"Braveheart" led tourists
This cavernous pub serves pretty standard pub grub in a nice location right in the centre of the city, at the base of... more travel advice
This is the large shopping centre in the centre of the city - perfect for a shopaholic like me on one of Stirlings [well... more travel advice
hevbell's Related Pages
Stirling Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stirling - Historic Old Scotland"
- "William Wallace was taller than Mel Gibson, y'know"
- "Stirling Nine Hundred Years of History"
- "HISTORIC STIRLING"
- "VT-meeting in Stirling"
- "Stirling--a wonderful day & a chilling night"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stirling
- Hotels in Stirling
- Transportation in Stirling
- Nightlife in Stirling
- Restaurants in Stirling
- Shopping in Stirling
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stirling
- 23 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Stirling?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stirling
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 57 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr Intro, 74 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow Intro, 51 reviews, 139 photos, 8 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 59 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 103 photos
- Scotland Intro, 60 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 46 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maidens Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 42 reviews, 68 photos