Stockholm Shopping Tips by hevbell
Stockholm Shopping: 160 reviews and 218 photos
One of the main shopping areas in the city centre is on (and surrounding) Drottninggatan. head to this area to "shop til you drop" and find all the high street stores typical to Sweden and Europe in general such as H&M
Our hotel was attached to this shopping centre at Kista. It was particularly handy for us as it contained two supermarkets plus a food court. This meant we could easily get cheaper food and particularly things like bottled water, which we found on special offer, saving us from buying so many drinks from more expensive touristy places when we were out and about.
Of course the centre also contained many other shops, typical of Sweden and fun to look around in a less touristy area
Directions: T-bana to Kista and its right outside the station
Hotorget is Swedish for Hay market and there has been some kind of market in this square since the 1600s. Today you can still buy all your fresh produce here, as well as books, CDs, flowers and clothes etc
More Reviews (54)
hevbell's Related Pages
Stockholm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Stockholm"
- "My own water baby"
- "Stockholm in 5 days"
- "STOCKHOLM - THE CITY OF BRIDGES!"
- "Stockholm - beauty on water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Transportation in Stockholm
- Nightlife in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping in Stockholm
- Warnings and Dangers in Stockholm
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stockholm
- 57 Reviews
- 172 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Stockholm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockholm
Photos in StockholmSee All Photos (172)
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 57 reviews, 172 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ayr Intro, 74 reviews, 118 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow Intro, 51 reviews, 139 photos, 8 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 59 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 59 reviews, 103 photos
- Scotland Intro, 60 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Edinburgh Intro, 46 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maidens Intro, 36 reviews, 90 photos, 3 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 42 reviews, 68 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (51)
- Gamla Stan - The Old Town- 187 Reviews, 346 Photos
- Stadshuset - City Hall- 115 Reviews, 210 Photos
- Vasa Museum- 132 Reviews, 198 Photos
- Skansen- 110 Reviews, 239 Photos
- Kungliga Slottet - Royal Palace- 94 Reviews, 167 Photos
- Sightseeing Boat Tours- 28 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Storkyrkan - The Great Church- 46 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Södermalm- 36 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Absolut Ice Bar- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Gröna Lund- 29 Reviews, 49 Photos
See All Stockholm Things to Do