"KOTORIBA" Cakovec by AUSSIECRO
Cakovec Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 68 photos
KOTORIBA ,was a fortress to fend off the TURKISH INVADERS from HUNGARIAN- CROATIAN border which is only few kilometres away ,A population of 0over 3000+ a beautiful fIeld of BIO DIESEL,best known for their fish which they catch in the Mura river and making baskets and furniture out of ratan ,plastics ,wheat, pig, honey ,wine,home made rocket juice to warm you up RAKIJA Industries.Enjoy the wild life around the MURA river
Kotoriba has the oldest train station in Croatia built in the AUSTRAIN-HUNGARIAN empire ,With daily trains to Zagreb ,and a bus service leaving 13:00 for ZAGREB daily, Please double check timetables of these services
Fishing is a favorite passtime for people of KOTORIBA .some times their neighbours from HUNGARY come for fishing there are big fish in here, goulash PAPRIKAS wine beer music and more food ,,please dont swim here ,some people have drowned over the years ,, it could be banned now ,,, location goto industrial zone street ,go to the end ,turn right head up the gravel road about 1km ,clubhouse is on your left side ,,
- Pros:wildlife deers rabbits fishing hunting rafting wine good people
- Cons:forgotten from the rest of CROATIA Needs improved bus n train system to KOTORIBA
- In a nutshell:Cakovec is palm trees of potatoe farming
AUSSIECRO's Related Pages
Cakovec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cakovec, capital of Medjimurska Zupanija"
- "A quick trip for a Croatian beer........"
- "Less than an hour?"
- "MEDJIMURJE COUNTY...."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cakovec
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Cakovec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cakovec
Photos in CakovecSee All Photos (3)
Top 5 Pages
- Rijeka Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Cakovec Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Zadar Intro, 3 photos
- Split 2 reviews
- Krka National Park 1 review
No friends yet.