"The Fort of The Warriors" Bicester by Chuckaziz
Bicester Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 16 photos
Although having been to UK several times I seldom venture out of London. This is one rare occasion that I took up my friend's suggestion for a short trip out of the city. The plan to go somewhere was infact made several weeks earlier. Since I will be arriving on an early flight from Kuala Lumpur and the check-in time at the hotel was only after 3.00 pm going somewhere as suggested seems to be a good idea. After my buddy Mat Noor collected me from LHR and a quick stop for breakfast we made our way to Bicester.
In Saxon, Bicester means "the fort of the warriors". Bicester is located in the English county of Oxfordshire. It is about 1 1/2 hours by road from London on the M40 motorway. It started as a small agricultural town and visitors will be able to see many places of interest with Saxon influence to many buildings. There are many interesting places to see around Bicester including beautiful gardens such as the Garth Park which is the showpiece of the Bicester Town Council. Bicester achieved a prestigious Bloom award given by the Royal Horticultural Society in 2008.
One of the most visited places is the Bicester Village Chic Outlet Shopping. It is a home to many outlet boutiques with famous brand names such as DKNY, Guess and Salvatore Ferragamo.
Here are some of the photos of the Bicester Village Outlet:
To help organise your stay it is advisable to visit the Visitor Centre. Besides tourist information, visitors will also... more travel advice
Chuckaziz's Related Pages
Bicester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of the Cotswolds."
- "The Fort of The Warriors"
- "Bicester Village"
- "I live here"
- "Get branded in Bicester Village!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bicester
- Hotels in Bicester
- Transportation in Bicester
- Nightlife in Bicester
- Restaurants in Bicester
- Shopping in Bicester
- Warnings and Dangers in Bicester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bicester
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bicester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bicester
Photos in BicesterSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 53 photos, 7 travelogues
- Putrajaya Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Ipoh Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuching Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Bicester Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos