"A Thriving Fishing Village" Kampong Port Weld by Chuckaziz
Kampong Port Weld Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Kuala Sepetang or previously known as Port Weld is a coastal town located in Perak. Port Weld was honoured to have the first railway line in the Peninsular running from Taiping, but the line is now dismantled. The town was named after Sir Frederick Weld, the former Governor, later changed to Kuala Sepetang. He was responsible in the construction of the Taiping - Port Weld railway. Today, Port Weld is a thriving fishing village and has many Malay and Chinese seafood restaurants.
Port Weld is a fishing village, and seafood especially the prawns are so fresh and cheap. There are many prawn noodle outlets in Kuala Sepetang. I am not sure which one of them are said to be the best, but I found that this particular restaurant which is located nearest to the town to be quite alright.
With a competitively priced menu and great food, Mak Jah's restaurant enjoys a healthy clientèle during lunch hours. I went for the famous prawn noodle and it was excellent.
Chuckaziz's Related Pages
Kampong Port Weld Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kampong Port Weld
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kampong Port Weld?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kampong Port Weld
Photos in Kampong Port WeldSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 53 photos, 7 travelogues
- Putrajaya Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Ipoh Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuching Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Bicester Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos