"The Capital of The Largest State in Pen Malaysia" Kuantan by Chuckaziz
Kuantan Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 501 photos
Kuantan is the administrative centre and the capital of Pahang. The town faces the South China Sea and is on the estuary of Kuantan River. There are several popular beaches within the town limit and one of the most popular is Teluk Chempedak which is five km to the east of the town centre.
Pahang is the biggest state in Peninsular Malaysia. It is bordered to the west by Perak, Selangor and Negeri Sembilan , to the east by Terengganu, to the north by Kelantan and to the south by Johore. The main expressways connecting Kuantan and Kuala Lumpur are the East Coast Expressway and Karak Expressway running on the east to west grid. On the south - north grid Kuantan is half way between Kota Bharu and Johore Bahru on the Federal Route 3. This route is also part of the Asian Highway Network of Route AH 18.
There is a kilometer long waterfront esplanade on the bank of Kuantan River along Jalan Besar. Kuantan River has a busy traffic of fishing boats plying the waterway, especially in the evenings. One can take a leisurely evening walk along the paved walkway on the promenade while enjoying the gentle breeze blowing from the river.
Teluk Chempedak beach is 5 km to the east of Kuantan town. There is a beach front square with kiosks selling food and souvenir. Changing rooms/bathrooms are also located within the square for use by swimmers. The beach is very popular with the locals and tourist alike especially on the weekends. There are various activities such as surfing, jet-skiing and sunbathing. My stay in Kuantan is not complete until I have visited one of her lovely beaches. Teluk Chempedak is certainly a must.
- In a nutshell:Lovely beaches, good food.
Chuckaziz's Related Pages
Kuantan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I came to Kuantan in a cruise"
- "Beach & Seafood Town"
- "An Afternoon in Kuantan"
- "My Kunatan travel"
- "Kuantan, Malaysia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuantan
- Hotels in Kuantan
- Transportation in Kuantan
- Nightlife in Kuantan
- Restaurants in Kuantan
- Shopping in Kuantan
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuantan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuantan
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kuantan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuantan
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 53 photos, 7 travelogues
- Putrajaya Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Ipoh Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuching Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Bicester Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos