Johor Bahru Restaurant Tips by Chuckaziz
Johor Bahru Restaurants: 114 reviews and 149 photos
Damai Fried Bun
The Damai Seafood Village Restaurant is located in Kampung Danga; about 30 minutes drive from Johor Bahru (JB) city. Damai as the name suggests is a tranquil place to enjoy your seafood meal with a quaint setting amidst large area of green. The place is a refreshing escape from the hustle of the city. It is also surrounded by fish ponds. The restaurant is off the beaten path and is JB’s best kept secret for great seafood. Not all locals knew about the place and I manage to surprise my friend who is the residence of JB when it was my turn to buy him dinner. The restaurant which started operation in March 1998 has been serving guests from as far as Singapore.
Favorite Dish: There are more than 50 dishes on its menu. My family favourite is the Damai-style fried bun or bread roll to be eaten with the Indo Clay-pot Prawn Curry. Damai fried rice also goes down well with the Indo Clay-pot curry.
Address: 50, Jln Kassim Noor, Kg. Danga Persisiran Perling.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Just off the bustling Taman Perling residential area
Phone: 07–241 2076 / 012–727 1678
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (1)
Chuckaziz's Related Pages
Johor Bahru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Selamat Datang!!! A Very Warm Welcome!!!"
- "Johor Bahru - A PLACE I CALL MY HOME"
- "Johor Darul Ta'zim"
- "Day Trips to Johor Bahru"
- "JB - Johor Bahru City"
- "Johor Bahru -- Nice Town, but beware of Cons"
- "Johor Bahru"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Johor Bahru
- Hotels in Johor Bahru
- Transportation in Johor Bahru
- Nightlife in Johor Bahru
- Restaurants in Johor Bahru
- Shopping in Johor Bahru
- Warnings and Dangers in Johor Bahru
- See All...
Explore the World
- Qasr al Hallabat Hotels
- Bulbul Hotels
- Chantemerle-lès-Grignan Hotels
- Mount Revelstoke National Park Hotels
- Estado Anzoátegui
- North Pole
Badges & Stats in Johor Bahru
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Johor Bahru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Johor Bahru
Photos in Johor BahruSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 24 reviews, 59 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 53 photos, 7 travelogues
- Putrajaya Intro, 5 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Ipoh Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuching Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Bicester Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (15)
Latest Johor Bahru hotel reviews
- Straits View Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013
- Suria City Hotel, Johor Bahru
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013
- Pulai Springs Resort
- 266 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Grand BlueWave Hotel Johor Bahru
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- The Puteri Pacific Johor Bahru
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Desaru Golden Beach Hotel
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Cosmo Inn Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 4, 2013
- New York Hotel
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Prime City Hotel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Sultan Abu Bakar Mosque- 10 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Istana Besar- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Jalan Wong Ah Fook- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Eastern Pewter- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Royal Abu Bakar Museum- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Istana Bukit Serene- 3 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Zoo- 3 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Sri Mariamman Temple- 2 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Sultan Ibrahim Building- 4 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Old Chinese Temple- 2 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Johor Bahru Things to Do