"Step Back in Time in Antigua Guatemala" Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala by thelukey
Antigua Guatemala Travel Guide: 650 reviews and 1,885 photos
Antigua Guatemala seems to be the most talked about "must-see" destination in all of Central America. Wary of such fame, imagining that the town couldn't possibly live up to most travelers' descriptions of it, I spent four full years living in neighboring El Salvador before I finally decided to strap on my backpack and go visit Antigua. The result: I was so impressed that I ended up returning a scant two months later to check out (and photograph) all the churches and ruins that had escaped me on my first visit.
Tourist brochures describe Guatemala as a land of eternal spring, and with a fair amount of reason. As you wander through town snapping pictures of every church, convent, and ruin in sight, you shouldn't neglect the wide variety of eye-catching flowers that also call Antigua home. Particularly good spots to "smell the roses" include the Colegio de San Jerónimo, the Iglesia y Convento de Santa Clara, and the plaza in front of the Iglesia San Cristóbal el Bajo.
To see many more photos (82 of them, to be exact) from my second trip to Antigua Guatemala, and to find a little bit of information about many of the more interesting sights that are scattered about town, please check out the travelogues (3) and tips (23) that are linked to this page.
The largest, most-complete selection of Guatemalan arts, crafts, and souvenirs in all of Antigua can be found in the... more travel advice
Antigua Guatemala is probably the most expensive place in the country to purchase Guatemalan arts and crafts, but it... more travel advice
thelukey's Related Pages
Antigua Guatemala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Whole Lotta Shaking Going On"
- "A colonial gem"
- "UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- "Step Back in Time in Antigua Guatemala"
- "The Pastel Town with the Collapsed Churches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Antigua Guatemala
- Hotels in Antigua Guatemala
- Transportation in Antigua Guatemala
- Nightlife in Antigua Guatemala
- Restaurants in Antigua Guatemala
- Shopping in Antigua Guatemala
- Warnings and Dangers in Antigua Guatemala
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antigua Guatemala
- 23 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Antigua Guatemala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antigua Guatemala
Photos in Antigua GuatemalaSee All Photos (85)
Top 10 Pages
- La Laguna Intro, 62 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Salvador Intro, 48 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala Intro, 23 reviews, 85 photos, 3 travelogues
- Nicaragua Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guatemala City Intro, 6 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Salvador Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Honduras Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ecuador Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- France Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Colombia Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos