"A great base camp for the Top of Europe" Top 5 Page for this destination Interlaken by jorgec25

Interlaken Travel Guide: 506 reviews and 1,355 photos

The small town of Interlaken was a great base that allow me to use the car and visit the Lake Thun, and all the castles around it, and the beautiful city of Thun.

There's a great amount of small Hotels and restaurants all around Interlaken, making it a good choice to stay when wondering around the region.

Starting from the train station in Interlaken, I took an unforgettable journey to Jungfraujoch, the Top of Europe.

I found the town itself to be an interesting melting pot, since I found people of a lot of different places, fancy shops and Hotels, and at the same time, if you just leave the main street, Interlaken can also be just like any small town of the Alps.

• Last visit to Interlaken: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 12, 2010

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Carlos, gorgeous page about Interlaken and the surrounding region. Unfortunately, I haven't visited most of the places you mention here; except the Aletsch Galcier, to which we once hiked from Rideralb.

• Aug 15, 2010 at 6:59 AM

This interesting page will help me plan my next holiday. Thanks for posting.

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2010 at 3:54 AM

Oh my fav place! thanks for building this page. Others say it's a touristy area but still we love to visit there again and again. i see, you have a great time there. Good job!

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Looks wonderful - really pretty. Love the photos! Gillybob greetings

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Enjoyed your page. Will be in Switzerland mid Sept. Wanting to visit Jungfraujoch, but unsure how to arrange and then catch fast train to Paris. Zermatt looks isolated from other centres. Any Advice?

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Thun really is a CHARM isn't it...I totally enjoyed spending time there also..Thun is on my list for a RETURN visit...hopefully sooner than later!!

jorgec25

“So much to Visit and so little Time!”

Badges & Stats in Interlaken

Have you been to Interlaken?

Latest Activity in Interlaken