"Mértola and S. Domingos Mine" Top 5 Page for this destination Mértola by jorgec25
Mértola Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 143 photos
The beautiful town of Mértola is a small Oasis in the middle of the almost deserted Lower Alentejo region. Streching from the castle down to the river Guadiana, the Town Centre has museums, shops, restaurants, cafes and people walking around. The surrounding areas are also worth a visit.
The small village of S. Domingos Mine emerges from the remains of the ancient S. Domingos Mine, that once was one of the most important mines in the Iberian Peninsula. The old mine grounds are an impressive scenery. But this small village hides other wonders - the river beach and the locals.
A cozy residencial with 24 rooms, all equipped with private bathroom, A/C and cable TV. Breakfast is included in the... more travel advice
the river beach located near the S. Domingos Mine is one of the best and most clean river beaches in Portugal. I went... more travel advice
jorgec25's Related Pages
Mértola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mértola and S. Domingos Mine"
- "Beautiful Mertola perched above the river"
- "THE INTERIOR ALENTEJO"
- "Flowers along the wayside"
- "Mertola - Portugal"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mértola
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Mértola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mértola
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 26 reviews, 82 photos
- Florence Intro, 20 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 14 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bern Intro, 17 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Interlaken Intro, 12 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 15 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 61 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Playa del Carmen Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 10 reviews, 61 photos, 6 travelogues