"UNITED KINGDOM" Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom by hopang
United Kingdom Travel Guide: 94,430 reviews and 225,788 photos
United Kingdom or Britain is located off the north-eastern part of continental Europe. It is an island country consisting of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island. Its capital is London which is also its seat of government. United Kingdom is a member of European Union (EU), G8 as well as NATO. English is its official language. Approximately 84% of the population are English. United Kingdom has a population of approximately 61 million inhabitants. Its total area is approximately 245,000 square kilometres.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in the United Kingdom:-
The Natural History Museum is housed in an impressive Victorian architectural building near Exhibition Road in South Kensington in the heart of the city of London. The museum was established in 1881. The impressive building was designed by Alfred Waterhouse and is certainly one of the prominent landmarks in the city of London. The Natural History Museum is the most visited museum in London and has been one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city! The museum is also one of the most famous museums in the world! It attracts approximately four millions visitors every year.
The Natural History Museum has a collection of approximately 65 millions items ranging from plants and animals to minerals. It is divided into five main collections, i.e. Botany, Mineralogy, Entomology, Palaeontology and Zoology. Admission to the museum is free. Opening hours are between 8.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. during the weekdays and between 9.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. during weekends. You may view more lovely pictures of the collections in the museum at our traveloques below!
V & A Museum (Victoria & Albert Museum) is located at Cromwell Gardens in South Kensington, London. The museum was established in 1852 and was named after Prince Albert and Queen Victoria.
It is the largest decorative arts and design museum in the world with more than 4.5 million artifacts or objects. There are a total of 145 galleries covering a total area of approximately 12.5 acres. Admission to the museum is free. The museum is one of the most popular tourist attractions in London and attracts millions of foreign tourists every year.
The Harrods is located at Brompton Road in Knightsbridge in Central London. It is one of the largest department stores... more travel advice
London double deckers are the most convenient and inexpensive way to travel and see the city of London from the top of... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ban Lamai Hotels
- Grapevine Hotels
- Male Island
- Providence Canyon State Park Hotels
- Shiloh National Military Park Hotels
- North America
- Ausable Chasm Hotels
- Riva del Garda
- Entalula Island Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Ho Chi Minh City
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 25 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
Photos in United KingdomSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 132 reviews, 768 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 88 reviews, 592 photos, 35 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 494 photos, 20 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues
- Lithuania Intro, 28 reviews, 558 photos, 54 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 55 reviews, 410 photos, 28 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 50 reviews, 398 photos, 30 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (231)
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 891 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 243 Reviews - 479 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3411 Reviews - 6786 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1742 Reviews - 4036 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 180 Reviews - 356 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1631 Reviews - 3985 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 207 Reviews - 462 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1241 Reviews - 2065 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1280 Reviews - 2297 Photos
- Scarborough Hotels
- 276 Reviews - 409 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 207 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 766 Reviews - 1269 Photos
- Whitby Hotels
- 355 Reviews - 746 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 471 Reviews - 1183 Photos