"TURKEY" Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey by hopang
Turkey Travel Guide: 24,764 reviews and 71,250 photos
Turkey is a Eurasian country that stretches from Thrace in the Balkan region of south-eastern Europe to Antolian Peninsula in western Asia. It is bordered by Bulgaria to the north-east, Greece to the west, Georgia to the north-east, Armenia, Iran and Azerbaijian to the east and Iraq and Syria to the south-east.
The capital of Turkey is Ankara although Istanbul is its largest city. More foreign tourists visit Istanbul than Ankara. Turkish is the official language of Turkey. It has a total area of approximately 780,000 square kilometres and a total population of approximately 72 million people.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in Turkey:-
The Antalya Harbour is located at south of Kaleici Old Town near the heart of the city. It is dotted with lots of souvenir shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. The harbour is a popular tourist attraction which attracts thousands of tourists every day. The Antalya Harbour is also known as the Turkish Riviera.
Boats of different colours and sizes are anchored in the harbour, many of them are sight-seeing tour boats. You may take an hour boat tour along both sides of the harbour by paying between ten and twenty Turkish liras (approximately five to ten euros).
Beautiful rock formations, caves, mini waterfalls, luxury villas and condominums can be seen along both sides of the harbour. The view of the harbour from the sea is truly amazing!
Alanya Harbour is located on the east side of the rocky Alanya Peninsula which divides the city into two sections. This is a great tourist destination. All foreign tourists who visit Alanya will somehow visit the picturesque harbour as the harbour is the most visited part of Alanya. It is situated approximately two kilometres from the city center.
The harbour was a great naval base used by the Romans, the Byzantines, the Seljuks, the Ottomans and the Turks during their conquests and their reigns of the city and the harbour. Among the tourist atttractions at the harbour are the Red Tower and the Old Dockyard. Boat tour around the harbour is also a favourite attraction for the tourists.
The harbour is dotted with numerous cafes, bars and restaurants. In the evening you may want to walk along the coast enjoy strolling or just sit on the bench, watch the sea and the many boats at the harbour and take a deep breath if you need a break from the chaos of the city.
This is an excellent souvenir photograph plate to be taken back with you to your country! We purchased it from our... more travel advice
Imren Kitabevi & Cafe is one of the most popular cofee houses along the popular Istiklal Caddesi in the city of... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 55 Reviews
- 407 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 132 reviews, 768 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 88 reviews, 592 photos, 35 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 494 photos, 20 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 55 reviews, 410 photos, 28 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 50 reviews, 398 photos, 30 travelogues