"TURKEY" Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey by hopang
Turkey Travel Guide: 25,446 reviews and 74,264 photos
Turkey is a Eurasian country that stretches from Thrace in the Balkan region of south-eastern Europe to Antolian Peninsula in western Asia. It is bordered by Bulgaria to the north-east, Greece to the west, Georgia to the north-east, Armenia, Iran and Azerbaijian to the east and Iraq and Syria to the south-east.
The capital of Turkey is Ankara although Istanbul is its largest city. More foreign tourists visit Istanbul than Ankara. Turkish is the official language of Turkey. It has a total area of approximately 780,000 square kilometres and a total population of approximately 72 million people.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in Turkey:-
The Antalya Harbour is located at south of Kaleici Old Town near the heart of the city. It is dotted with lots of souvenir shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. The harbour is a popular tourist attraction which attracts thousands of tourists every day. The Antalya Harbour is also known as the Turkish Riviera.
Boats of different colours and sizes are anchored in the harbour, many of them are sight-seeing tour boats. You may take an hour boat tour along both sides of the harbour by paying between ten and twenty Turkish liras (approximately five to ten euros).
Beautiful rock formations, caves, mini waterfalls, luxury villas and condominums can be seen along both sides of the harbour. The view of the harbour from the sea is truly amazing!
Cappadocia has one of the most beautiful landscapes in Europe! These landscapes were formed from volcanic rocks from the mighty volcanic eruptions of the Central Anatolian Plateau approximately 30 million years ago. These volcanic rocks were exposed to erosion by the adverse weather conditions such as wind, rains and storms over the centuries. They are soft in nature and therefore they can easily be worked with. Over the centuries cave houses and settlements, cave churches, underground cities and even secret tunnels were constructed inside these volcanic rocks. Underground cities and secret tunnels were constructed to escape persecution or when invaders came.
Thousands of peculiarly shaped bizarr rock formations in the form of pillars, cones and "fairy chimneys" can be seen in large areas over Cappadocia. We had a close look at these bizarr rock formations near the towns of Urgup and Göreme. Rock formations in the shape of a camel and even a couple kissing can be seen over the landscape near the town of Göreme.
These are natural wonders and are certainly great tourist attractions. Don't miss the beauty of Cappadocia when you visit Turkey on your vacation one day. It certainly makes a very memorable and enjoyable trip! We visited and explored these strangely shaped bizarr rock formations on our birthday. We certainly enjoyed our trip to Cappadocia indeed!
Mevlana Museum is the most popular tourist attraction in the city of Konya. It is in fact the mausoleum of Jalal ad-Din... more travel advice
Göreme Open-air Museum is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Cappadocia. It contains lots of beautiful... more travel advice
- See All Antalya International Airport
- See All Souvenir book on Cappadocia
- See All Turkish Night show with belly dancers in...
- See All Restaurant overlooking the harbour
hopang's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 78 Reviews
- 1,020 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Videos in TurkeySee All Videos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 117 reviews, 1032 photos, 73 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 153 reviews, 990 photos, 68 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 78 reviews, 1023 photos, 92 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 45 reviews, 872 photos, 84 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 108 reviews, 751 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 58 reviews, 619 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Intro, 56 reviews, 547 photos, 45 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues