"SPAIN" Spain by hopang
Spain Travel Guide: 53,316 reviews and 136,983 photos
Spain is located on the Iberian Peninsula in south-western Europe. It is bordered by France to the north and by Portugal to the west. Spain is a member of European Union (EU) as well as NATO. Madrid is the capital of Spain. Its official language is Spanish. Approximately 90% of the population are ethnic Spanish. Spain has a population of approximately 46 million inhabitants. It has a total area of approximately 504,000 square kilometres.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in Spain:-
Temple de la Sagrada Familia (Temple of the Sacred Family) is located in the heart of Barcelona. It was designed by Antoni Gaudi (1852 - 1926) who worked on the project for more than 40 years. The temple has neo-gothic style of architecture. It was undoubtedly one of his most famous masterpieces. Unfortunately he was run down by a tram on his way to work in 1926 and died from his injuries.
Construction began on the building in 1883 and up to today is still not fully completed. It is scheduled to be fully completed in 2026, the 100th anniversary of Gaudi's death. The interior of the building is still very much under major construction work. When fully completed the building will have a total of 18 towers, some of them are as tall as 170 metre high.
Temple de la Sagrada Familia is a "must-visit" tourist attraction in Barcelona. It has attracted millions of visitors yearly. It has also become one of the most famous buildings in Spain. Admission fee to the building is 8.00 euros per adult. Visitors may even take a lift up the tower by paying just 2.00 euros. You will of course be rewarded with breath-taking and spectacular view of the city of Barcelona. The construction of the building today is financed from admission fees from visitors and private donations from the public. Opening hours to the building are between 9.00 a.m. and 8.00 p.m. daily.
Montserrat Mountain is located approximately 50 kilometres north-west of Barcelona in Catalonia Spain. It is situated approximately 1,200 metres above sea level. It can be easily accessible by FGC trains from Placa d'Espanya terminal in Central Barcelona towards Manresa. It takes approximately 50 minutes to travel by trains from the Central Barcelona. You may drop off at Montserrat Aeri station and take a cable car which stops at the terrace just below the Monastery of Montserrat.
The mountain is famous for its monastery. Lots of things can be done and seen when you are at the top of these unusual rock mountains. The views from Montserrat over the surrounding areas are breath-taking and spectacular with plenty of opportunities to take many lovely souvenir snapshots! There are several museums, churches, restaurants etc. at the resort. Don't miss Montserrat when you are having a vacation in Barcelona!
It is cheap to purchase souvenir refrigerator magnets from souvenir shops or stalls in the island of Mallorca.... more travel advice
The dish as depicted on our main photograph is known as Paella Valenciana which is a popular Spanish cuisine. Paella in... more travel advice
- See All A decent three star apartment in Palma...
- A great dinner show in Mallorca!
- See All By Funicular de Sant Joan, Montserrat...
hopang's Related Pages
Spain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Viva Espana!"
- "The Clock Does Not "Rule" in Spain"
- "More than this..."
- "Bienvenido a Espana - Welcome to Spain."
- "VT meeting in Madrid"
- "A Method to the MAD(ness)......and the players!"
- "CASTLES OF SPAIN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Spain
- Hotels in Spain
- Transportation in Spain
- Nightlife in Spain
- Restaurants in Spain
- Shopping in Spain
- Warnings and Dangers in Spain
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Spain
- 47 Reviews
- 206 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Spain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spain
Videos in SpainSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 132 reviews, 768 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 494 photos, 20 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 55 reviews, 410 photos, 28 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 50 reviews, 398 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 54 reviews, 256 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 43 reviews, 220 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 47 reviews, 206 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (226)
Top Spain hotels
- Barcelona Hotels
- 9442 Reviews - 21470 Photos
- Benidorm Hotels
- 439 Reviews - 762 Photos
- Palma de Mallorca Hotels
- 733 Reviews - 1874 Photos
- Torremolinos Hotels
- 436 Reviews - 1576 Photos
- Salou Hotels
- 165 Reviews - 294 Photos
- Madrid Hotels
- 5306 Reviews - 10727 Photos
- Benalmádena Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 395 Photos
- Playa Blanca Hotels
- 38 Reviews - 119 Photos
- Marbella Hotels
- 567 Reviews - 2059 Photos
- Adeje Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Málaga Hotels
- 837 Reviews - 2097 Photos
- Lloret de Mar Hotels
- 142 Reviews - 311 Photos
- Sevilla Hotels
- 2207 Reviews - 5567 Photos
- Alicante Hotels
- 482 Reviews - 1057 Photos
- Alcudia Hotels
- 48 Reviews - 113 Photos