Germany Favorite Tips by hopang Top 5 Page for this destination
Germany Favorites: 552 reviews and 476 photos
Berlin Tourist Info, Pariser Platz
Favorite thing: You can purchase souvenirs and postcards from Berlin Tourist Information office at Brandenburg Gate, Pariser Platz beside obtaining free brochures and maps and making enquiries on the places of interest in the city of Berlin. It is highly recommended to purchase a 72 hour Berlin Welcome Card plus Museum Island from the tourist information office. It costs just 34.00 euros each for zone AB and 36.00 euros each for zone ABC. Purchases using credit cards are accepted at Brandenburg Gate's tourist information office.
The following are Berlin Tourist Information offices:-
Brandenburger Tor, south wing
Pariser Platz (photographs above)
Opening hours: between 9.30 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. daily
Opening hours: between 8.00 a.m. and 10.00 p.m. from Monday to Saturday and between
9.00 a.m. and 9.00 p.m. on Sunday.
Schönefeld Airport Terminal A
Opening hours: between 7.00 a.m. and 10.00 p.m. daily
Berlin Welcome Card
Favorite thing: It is highly recommended to purchase a 72 hour Berlin Welcome Card plus Museum Island if you decide to stay in Berlin for a period of between three and five days. You are eligible to enter the five UNESCO world heritage site museums at Museum Island free-of-charge. Even though the terms and conditions for the use of the card state that you are entitled to enter one museum per day, there is no evidence on the card to prove that you have entered a museum that day. Total entrance fees for the five fantastic museums cost a total of 48.00 euros if you were to queue up to purchase your entry tickets on the spot. Warning: extraordinary long queues during the summer months especially entry to Pergamon Museum. You certainly avoid the long queues if you a holder of Berlin Welcome Card plus Museum Island. As a result you save valuable time too.
You are also entitled to travel by public transportation free-of-charge including s-bahn (metro), u-bahn (underground), local buses and trams within the stipulated period as stated on your card. When use for the first time via public transportation, the date and time of travel will be printed on your Berlin Welcome Card. A 72 hour Berlin Welcome Card plus Museum Island for zone AB (covering city center plus outskirts) costs 34.00 euros each and for zone ABC (plus outlying areas including travel by Airport Express to Schönefeld Airport) costs 36.00 euros each.
You may purchase Berlin Welcome Card plus Museum Island from tourist information office at Brandenburg Gate. A Berlin guide and a large map of metro and underground network are given free-of-charge when you purchase Berlin Welcome Card plus Museum Island.
Kiel, North Germany
Favorite thing: We have been to the town of Kiel approximately five times, each time we travelled onboard M/s Stena Line from Göteborg, Sweden. Kiel has a lovely ferry terminal and a deep harbour. The town has a total population of approximately 250,000 inhabitants. Kiel is situated approximately 100 kilometers north of Hamburg. It is undoubtedly one of the main maritime centres of Germany. Kiel is great for its shopping district with numerous large shopping centres. That is the reason why we visited Kiel so many times from Sweden.
Among the popular tourist attractions in and around the town of Kiel are St. Nicholas Church, Rathaus (Town Hall), Cultural Centre, Art Gallery, Naval Memorial, Botanical Gardens and several museums such as the Zoological Museum, the Shipping Museum, the Museum of Ethnography and an open-air museum. You may visit Kiel's official website for more information:- http://www.kiel.de
More Reviews (69)
- See All Ernst-Reuter Platz, Berlin
- See All Luxury 5 star hotel
- See All River cruises in Berlin
- See All Delicious duck rice
hopang's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Discover Germany’s incredible diversity"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bryn Athyn Hotels
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Pujon Hotels
- Kormend Hotels
- Northern Territory Hotels
- Ajman Region
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 72 Reviews
- 607 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Videos in GermanySee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 132 reviews, 768 photos, 51 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 494 photos, 20 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 55 reviews, 410 photos, 28 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 50 reviews, 398 photos, 30 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 54 reviews, 256 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 43 reviews, 220 photos, 10 travelogues
- Spain Intro, 47 reviews, 206 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (226)
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6866 Reviews - 15332 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4309 Reviews - 9910 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 950 Reviews - 2162 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1667 Reviews - 3684 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1607 Reviews - 3988 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1453 Reviews - 3460 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 612 Reviews - 1569 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 883 Reviews - 2997 Photos
- Karlsruhe Hotels
- 895 Reviews - 4115 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1065 Photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Hotels
- 585 Reviews - 1823 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos
- Dresden Hotels
- 1205 Reviews - 3542 Photos
- Würzburg Hotels
- 353 Reviews - 1189 Photos
- Fussen Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 479 Photos