"GERMANY" Top 5 Page for this destination Germany by hopang
Germany Travel Guide: 58,061 reviews and 173,193 photos
Germany is located in Central Europe. It is bordering Denmark to the north, Czech Republic and Poland to the east, Switzerland and Austria to the south and France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands to the west.
Federal Republic of Germany is a member of European Union (EU). It has a population of approximately 82 million people. Its total area is approximately 350,000 square kilometres. Its official language is German. The capital of Germany is Berlin which is also its largest city.
The following are two of our favourite tourist attractions in Germany:-
Brandenburger Tor (Brandenbeurg Gate) is located at Pariser Platz at the junction of Unter den Linden and Ebertstrasse. It is a symbol of the city of Berlin and the most famous tourist attraction in the city. Brandenburg Gate is the only remaining city gate in the city of Berlin. All other city gates had been demolished long ago. The Gate was constructed by Carl Gotthard Langhans in the late 18th century during the reign of King Frederik William II of Prussia. It attracts millions of foreign tourists every year. It is also a favourite meeting place for the locals. A tourist information office is located at the southern section of the Gate.
Pergamon Museum is situated at northern section of Museuminsel (Museum Island) in Central Berlin. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. The whole museum complex has been designated as world heritage site by UNESCO in 1999. It is the most popular museum among the five museums at Museum Island.
The museum is divided into three sections, viz. Collection of Classical Antiquities (ground floor), Museum of the Ancient Near East (ground floor) and the Museum of Islamic Art (upper floor). The most interesting attractions in the museum are undoubtedly Pergamon Altar, Ishtar Gate of Babylon and the second century Market Gate of Miletus. Pergamon Museum was constructed and opened to the public in 1930. It is wheelchair accessible. Entrance fee to the museum is 12.00 euros for an adult and 6.00 euros for students. You may e-mail to the following address for further information:- email@example.com
Ernst-Reuter Platz is located at Charlottenburg in the former West Berlin. It is one of the largest squares in the city... more travel advice
DDR (Deutsche Demokratische Republik) Museum is one of the most interactive museums in the world. It is a rather unique... more travel advice
hopang's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Germany - my beautiful home country :-)"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- "Germany - Home, sweet Home!"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 72 Reviews
- 607 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Videos in GermanySee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 153 reviews, 990 photos, 68 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 54 reviews, 678 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 88 reviews, 592 photos, 35 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 72 reviews, 607 photos, 46 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sweden Intro, 104 reviews, 518 photos, 23 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 56 reviews, 547 photos, 45 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 40 reviews, 556 photos, 46 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 40 reviews, 542 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 33 reviews, 502 photos, 45 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 50 reviews, 432 photos, 36 travelogues